Almost all the BCS bowl games + Cotton Bowl have been | The Boneyard

Almost all the BCS bowl games + Cotton Bowl have been

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
high scoring affairs. Some of it has been horrid defense. Just an observation. Sparty and Stanford was sort of the exception.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
That is true but the games have been enjoyable from a fans point of view

Reaction Score
These games are like smut for TDH. :D
Hell he is not the only one. I want to see us evolve into a high scoring offense as well. Seriously though, CFB and NFL are both being played this way now. Gone are the days where you get dominat defenses that win games 10-3.

Reaction Score
These games have been freakin awesome. ATM and Duke, UCF and Baylor, Alabama Okie, Okie St and Missouri, Clemson and Ohio State have all been amazing Great bowl season this year

Reaction Score
These games are like smut for TDH. :D

More like "hardcore "! And not only for TDH. Many of UConn's fans are seeing that the game has changed and "high scoring" offenses is how its being played. Probably tough for some BY'ers who yearn for the days of Lombardi's GB Packers. Don't know why these changes - and embracement of them - have taken so long to reach New England.

And for the record, if the rest of the P5 programs (particularly those that frequent the Top 25) suddenly made it fashionable to regularly play 13-7 games, I'd be all in for defense, defense and grounding out 3-4 yards to eat up the clock. I'm not opposed to that style of play if that was how the game was played nationwide (and it enhanced recruiting). Heck, I'd be OK if UConn (as long as it was following the lead of most other P5 schools), decided to no longer give scholarships to offensive players, saving them all for the defensive side of the ball. But once again . . . that's not what's going on nationwide with the big boys.

Hell he is not the only one. I want to see us evolve into a high scoring offense as well. Seriously though, CFB and NFL are both being played this way now. Gone are the days where you get dominat defenses that win games 10-3.

As accurate as a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning pass. Well said.

Reaction Score
That is true but the games have been enjoyable from a fans point of view
Not all fans. I miss watching good defense, and watching teams have to earn first downs, and touchdowns.

Reaction Score
Not all fans. I miss watching good defense, and watching teams have to earn first downs, and touchdowns.
A big problem in my opinion, is that past dominant, truly dominant defenses, always had punishing hitters in the secondary. Those guys like ronnie lott, are now obsolete as those intimidating dont come over the middle hits are now penalties. To say nothing of how ridiculous the pass interference call has become.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom