Allow me to reintroduce myself for the first time :) | The Boneyard

Allow me to reintroduce myself for the first time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am uconnisgood. I am a 25 year old Uconn fan. Born and raised in ffld county. I first started following the huskies...welp I was 8 and we were playing duke in the national championship when I first watched a huskies game. Have barely missed a game since. Had season tickets for 3-4 seasons. I got a 1900 on the SATs but my putrid gpa got me deferred from Uconn storrs....but I took a class on the Stamford campus just so I could say I went to Uconn :). I'm diagnosed schizophrenic and live 20 miles from sandy hook....that was a tough time in my life. I was 22 at the time and unmedicated. Have never hurt a fly but faced a lot of stigma as a result of it all. I wrote a book on my experiences with mental illness and stigma....although I work maintenance....the Styx song blue collar man made me realize it was ok to work maintenance.but writing a book was great for me. I live in Norwalk now and am doing great! Real excited about our team this year. I'd like to post more even though I'm not the greatest poster...I say we kick them terps arses tonight in msg what do you say??? Yeah it's gonna be a tough game but think the huskies prevail after a hot start. Well that's all I gotta say. Peace!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting but I swore you were a "Miss America" kinda dude.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I like your Boneyard handle. Kept it simple and uncontroversial.

How can I get a hold of your book?

Reaction Score
I am uconnisgood. I am a 25 year old Uconn fan. Born and raised in ffld county. I first started following the huskies...welp I was 8 and we were playing duke in the national championship when I first watched a huskies game. Have barely missed a game since. Had season tickets for 3-4 seasons. I got a 1900 on the SATs but my putrid gpa got me deferred from Uconn storrs....but I took a class on the Stamford campus just so I could say I went to Uconn :). I'm diagnosed schizophrenic and live 20 miles from sandy hook....that was a tough time in my life. I was 22 at the time and unmedicated. Have never hurt a fly but faced a lot of stigma as a result of it all. I wrote a book on my experiences with mental illness and stigma....although I work maintenance....the Styx song blue collar man made me realize it was ok to work maintenance.but writing a book was great for me. I live in Norwalk now and am doing great! Real excited about our team this year. I'd like to post more even though I'm not the greatest poster...I say we kick them terps arses tonight in msg what do you say??? Yeah it's gonna be a tough game but think the huskies prevail after a hot start. Well that's all I gotta say. Peace!

None of that matters, when you're here, you're family just like the OG

I am a bit older than you, just old enough to have begun my UConn fanaticism a few years before the championships started flowing. I'm glad that you saw the light in that 1999 championship game and realized what a fun franchise we have in Storrs to call your own. We bleed with our Huskies, I hope they're victorious tonight my friend

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You seem like good poster to me.
This may be one of the only places where your condition will help you fit right in - this board is extremely schizophrenic.

Was about to say the same thing. Posting on the Boneyard is probably a therapeutic exercise for schizophrenics and bipolar people -> they realize they're more balanced than half the posters on here. Has to be uplifting.

Welcome OP. If you can help stem the tide of negativity after a loss, you'll get an A+ from me.

Reaction Score

Lots of undiagnosed schizophrenics here ... methinks. YOU should feel part of the community & welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom