Change Ad Consent Alliya Boston | The Boneyard

Alliya Boston

-
I have watched S.C. 4 times now and IMO miss Boston reminds me a lot of Elisabeth Williams when she played for Duke..can only hope when Uconn plays them Boston will play like Williams used to when she played against the Huskies which was virtually a no show each time..Watching what the center for Memphis did against Ono I cringe thinking what Boston will do against her with her sise and strength

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Her sise does not bother me. ;)
Considering no one even knows who Alliya is, her size doesn't bother me either. Now the 6'5" Aliyah Boston does match Liv in height but her cardio is lacking so if UConn can keep up the pace, Boston could be pushed to have to work during her 23 min per game average.

How hard is it to get the correct spelling of a top, if not the top FRESHMAN in the Country who was a heavy UConn recruit??? Head bang

Considering no one even knows who Alliya is, her size doesn't bother me either. Now the 6'5" Aliyah Boston does match Liv in height but her cardio is lacking so if UConn can keep up the pace, Boston could be pushed to have to work during her 23 min per game average.

How hard is it to get the correct spelling of a top, if not the top FRESHMAN in the Country who was a heavy UConn recruit??? Head bang
Oh pardon me Mr Perfect

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
She average 13 and 9, along with 53 total blocks.
When she bring her A game, she's a force to be reckoned with.

Look out UConn.

It's not about perfection, it's about respect. Just own that you made a mistake that was easily correctable especially if you watched her play 4 times as you said.
Respect?Because I didn't spell her name right by putting in an extra letter.Please..Own up to it..It obviously happened! Nothing to own up to..How petty and childish

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Respect?Because I didn't spell her name right by putting in an extra letter.Please..Own up to it..It obviously happened! Nothing to own up to..How petty and childish
As someone with a frequently misspelled name, I do think it's disrespectful when someone misspells it.

There are so many ways to check (especially for people mentioned so frequently on this board), that it really isn't an unreasonable expectation for everyone to do their due diligence and make a quick check.

As someone with a frequently misspelled name, I do think it's disrespectful when someone misspells it.

There are so many ways to check (especially for people mentioned so frequently on this board), that it really isn't an unreasonable expectation for everyone to do their due diligence and make a quick check.
Your definition of respect and mine are totally different..This is a basketball forum not an English class.If something was done deliberately that would be a different story

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Your definition of respect and mine are totally different..This is a basketball forum not an English class.If something was done deliberately that would be a different story
You're right, it's not an English class. If it were, someone would have come in and corrected the rest of your post.

Have a good day. :)

Maybe in a more official capacity where it’s more important to spell a person’s name right, it can be viewed more as disrespectful. For instance check out all the occurrences of “Natisha Hiedeman” being misspelled as “Natasha Hiedeman” by professional news outlets.
"natasha hiedeman" - Google Search

But on an informal message board, people should learn to lighten up. It’s good to teach people the correct spelling, but why ridicule? It’s the people getting paid to get it right and they’re too lazy or not engaged enough to get it right that deserve the ridicule.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Maybe in a more official capacity where it’s more important to spell a person’s name right, it can be viewed more as disrespectful. For instance check out all the occurrences of “Natisha Hiedeman” being misspelled as “Natasha Hiedeman” by professional news outlets.

But on an informal message board, people should learn to lighten up. It’s good to teach people the correct spelling, but why ridicule? It’s the people getting paid to get it right and they’re too lazy or not engaged enough to get it right that deserve the ridicule.
I didn't bring it up the first time (I don't think I ever have) and I wasn't ridiculing, I was just responding to his assertion that it wasn't disrespectful from the perspective of someone with a common, yet frequently misspelled, name.

EXACTLY!

cockhrnleghrn

Southern Gentleman

She did pretty well in her 30+ minutes against Arkansas.