All-WNBA Team | The Boneyard

All-WNBA Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

I would have replaced Whalen with EDD on the 1st team, but that's just me. Also, if things had worked out, 4 former UCONN players honored as the top 10 players in the league. As it stands, 3 former UCONN players. Very impressive.

Reaction Score
I would have replaced Whalen with EDD on the 1st team, but that's just me. Also, if things had worked out, 4 former UCONN players honored as the top 10 players in the league. As it stands, 3 former UCONN players. Very impressive.

While not sure with whom I would have replaced her, I am with you as far as replacing Whalen. There must be something about Ms Whalen's game to which I am blind.

Yes, it is quite impressive that three of the 10 are former Huskies. Then again, all three were the top players coming out of high school, all three were national collegiate players of the year. So, it follows that they are now WNBA first and second teamers. Equally impressive, IMO, is the fact that there are also two former LSU tigers and two former Lady Vols. Seven of the ten slots are represented by three programs while eight of the top ten come from two conferences.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
On Whalen - The first team is really built as PG, G, W, F, C and not sure what other PG deserved it more than the one who led her team to the best record - obviously the voters didn't see another PG worthy of the second team, or relaxed their criteria for the second team.
I would certainly take EDD over Whalen in a draft (and probably most of the second team) but if I had the other four first teamers already on my team I would take Whalen next to lead the team.

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
Let's play the game.....

I'll take the second team....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics