All Star Girls Report Ranks 2021 Recruit Classes: UConn #1 | The Boneyard

All Star Girls Report Ranks 2021 Recruit Classes: UConn #1

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A bit of a surprise to me. I thought South Carolina might squeak ahead of them but nope. That makes UConn's '21 class #1 at ASGR and Prospects Nation, and eventually at Blue Star based on individual rankings. #2 at ESPN but that will probably be the service most referenced by media.

Texas third with the inclusion of a JC transfer. Stanford and Notre Dame round out the top five.

Reaction Score
But 4 or 5 teams really do grab all the top talent. Glad we are one of them. But it shows the vagaries of recruiting that for several years a team like Miss St could get "average" players and make a top team. You really don't know who will make that leap to college ball.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I would like someone to do a "post facto" comparison of each school's recruiting class based on the contribution of its recruited players as college freshmen. For instance, who would have the top 2020 recruiting class based on the performance of its freshmen in the 2020-21 season? I would be extremely surprised if that were anyone other than UConn.

Reaction Score
Sonia Citron is going to be a really good Shooting Guard for Notre Dame (god knows they need someone who can hit the long jump shot)

Reaction Score
I would like someone to do a "post facto" comparison of each school's recruiting class based on the contribution of its recruited players as college freshmen. For instance, who would have the top 2020 recruiting class based on the performance of its freshmen in the 2020-21 season? I would be extremely surprised if that were anyone other than UConn.
Was having a similar conversation with a friend about this, especially after seeing Oregon's performance through the season considering their ESPN ranking for the 2020 class.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
I would argue that recruiting services should be evaluating players over who will make the most impact over their careers, not just as freshman. That being said, Hoopgurlz's top 20 for 2020 is fairly spot on:

Reaction Score
I would argue that recruiting services should be evaluating players over who will make the most impact over their careers, not just as freshman. That being said, Hoopgurlz's top 20 for 2020 is fairly spot on:

Treasure Hunt easily beats out PaoPao for #1 in the all-name rankings. And if only Brink’s first name was Anya or Ana T.

Reaction Score
A bit of a surprise to me. I thought South Carolina might squeak ahead of them but nope. That makes UConn's '21 class #1 at ASGR and Prospects Nation, and eventually at Blue Star based on individual rankings. #2 at ESPN but that will probably be the service most referenced by media.

Texas third with the inclusion of a JC transfer. Stanford and Notre Dame round out the top five.

Noticed lots of errors in the listing of recruits: I first noticed because of some of the other teams I follow (Iowa, Princeton, as examples).

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Good news that other BE teams looked to have done well recruiting, relatively. DePaul 29, Marquette 42, Nova 63, GTown 69, Xavier 71, Butler 74, Seton Hall 88, St.J 91 and Providence 113.
Meh, remember there are only 65 P5 teams so if the Big East is to make inroads against the bottom P5 teams, garnering the 71, 74 and above ranking doesn’t really help.

We need Marquette and Villanova with new coaches start cracking multiple Top 100 players and making the Top 25 team rankings every other year to be relevant.

Reaction Score
But 4 or 5 teams really do grab all the top talent. Glad we are one of them. But it shows the vagaries of recruiting that for several years a team like Miss St could get "average" players and make a top team. You really don't know who will make that leap to college ball.

I think that there used to be a much bigger drop in talent. Now, it seems new that there is a more gentle slope in the top 100 or 150 rated players, All he teams in the Big East have some talented players, who made UConn work hard to beat them. Regardless of the final score, the Big East games have been fun to watch because the quality of play has been so good. That wasn't the case years back.

Reaction Score
On paper, taken in combination with this year's team ratings, graduating players, and next year's classes, we obviously look like we are at the top for next year, with South Carolina and Stanford the biggest threats.

There are plenty of teams that have good recruiting classes that may move up next year, but if they were not as good as Uconn this year, lose more to graduation, and have a lower rated incoming class, they look to be a tier lower.

Others are right up there with Uconn now, but once again lose more to graduation and bring in less. We have five factors coming together at the same time next year.

1. A contending team now.

2. No seniors (although Evina could leave)

3. Great projected improvement from existing players, particularly with an unheard of 7 freshmen coming back for their sophomore year. That year is frequently the one with the biggest improvement.

4. The highest rated incoming class, with the highest rated player.

5. The incoming class addressing a significant team issue, namely shooting with Azzi and Caroline next year, and Saylor with a head start this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom