All hail the Queen of the Repeat...and the Judge. | The Boneyard

All hail the Queen of the Repeat...and the Judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll be 100% transparent here.

I knew Taylor Swift was going to be this year's theme after the Creighton game (62-48) on January 17th. When I saw Donny singing along and the crowd's level of energy that night, I knew that was our sign. Again, on $2 Lite Night, the switch flipped where we knew how good we were and trounced a quality opponent. And that was before the Chiefs repeat as SB champs. I knew she was going to be good luck for them and once KC won? I had this locked and loaded just waiting for the tourney.

All hail the Queen of the Repeat. One of the most powerful and effective Mojo mavens in Yard lore.

And, as always, it is my honor to always and forever serve as your Judge. A 6th notch gets carved into my gavel.

IMG_1008.jpeg

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I've borne witness to (and took part in) the magic conjured up over the years through a ritual trial, sentencing, and hanging. But this year, the team did it on their own, trial and hanging be damned. The populace didn't rally behind your TSwift idea like we have in year's past, and your sentences were generally ignored (and we also did not overlook that you chose to target personal enemies, rather than people who deserved to be strung up).

You can backpat yourself all you want, but there was an air of inevitability with this team, and perhaps somewhat paradoxically, only individual mojo sacrifices (like drinking Bai) seemed to appease the mojo G-ds this go-around.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Sometimes being half right, stubbornly clueless, and unintentionally ironic is enough.

And who isn't sick of seeing so many interviews and clips from coaches, players, and media about working together, sharing, not caring who gets credit, creating a "We" culture, and so forth?

Everybody knew this day would come. It was as inevitable as the, "Don't blame me, you morons," drumbeat.

Danny & staff, the most beautiful-playing team we've ever seen, and fan & media & uncategorized energy from known & unknown sources & forces spanning the universe would never allow a mixed-messaging autocrat to not be the blame.
#missionobedience

Such a man!

He stares directly at the sun but never in the mirror, claiming sans exhaustion that he's to be hailed as though a hero.

Reaction Score
I've borne witness to (and took part in) the magic conjured up over the years through a ritual trial, sentencing, and hanging. But this year, the team did it on their own, trial and hanging be damned. The populace didn't rally behind your TSwift idea like we have in year's past, and your sentences were generally ignored (and we also did not overlook that you chose to target personal enemies, rather than people who deserved to be strung up).

You can backpat yourself all you want, but there was an air of inevitability with this team, and perhaps somewhat paradoxically, only individual mojo sacrifices (like drinking Bai) seemed to appease the mojo G-ds this go-around.

He copied Taylor Swift from the annoying Kansas City Chiefs coverage and then claims to have born the idea from a fan sing along during games that was also copied from another team!

No the populace def did not agree with this sad attempt to drive the mojo!

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree. You both clearly know nothing about stirring the mojo pot. Lucky for you, I’m here.

Reaction Score

juuust kidding.

You did have a seriously good idea with the Taylor thing though, so credit where credit is due.

And fortunately there were enough old school “we’re doomed” folks to counteract your foolish venture into ”new mojo cocky“ territory. Combine it with the hokey Bai commercial gift from the mojo gods, some serious traditionalists staying with the wings, and rolling rocks, some new generation miller light holdovers, a few lone wolves gacking down all sorts of obscure beers, and we succesfully conjured the enormous chaotic mojo explosion we had hoped for.

Heck, even the folks who think they’re above all this added to the mojo, by unironically looking down on us, while rooting for a team led by a guy that won’t bring a change of underwear on a road trip.

Great job by all. We are the champions!

again.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
He copied Taylor Swift from the annoying Kansas City Chiefs coverage and then claims to have born the idea from a fan sing along during games that was also copied from another team!

No the populace def did not agree with this sad attempt to drive the mojo!
You might be gunning to be the first post-tourney hangin’ in ‘yard history. The Jurrrdge will be notified of this.

Reaction Score
You might be gunning to be the first post-tourney hangin’ in ‘yard history. The Jurrrdge will be notified of this.

Pay no mind to the mouth breathers. Title level mojo is so easy to conjure up but when you give them the reins? They steer the wagon straight into a ditch.

I perform a thankless task and I’m so darn great at it by now that it looks simple.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You'll get all the blame, none of the credit, and you'll like it!

^ Have no doubt that this is a ace comment, but...

At the same time we've emerged into a world beyond its prior excellence in putting someone in their place.

Blame vs. credit is a outworn paradigm peddled by a fear-driven was-been who flinched, fumbled, and fell en route to an otherwise earned emeritus designation upon his sound decision to retire last year.

Like the aging parent who demands back the car keys surrendered during a period of clarity, he came back, dropped out, came back again, dropped out some more, and somehow claimed credit for #5. That was a signal sounded in preparation to manage risk intelligently.

Surprise (not surprise), he tried to do his Costanza move this year, and front-loaded singling out those who were wise to his ways already. He recast them as enemies for their fact-based recitation of the prior year's record, and threatened their banishment if they would not obey sentences without charges and with trial. These efforts to l mute critical observation were gracelessly attempted almost instantaneously within a so-called "listening" solicitation for ideas.

Fortunately, conscious, caring individuals spoke up and did so in open forum for others to hear & see & join in to do the necessary work at hand.

Once again, the healthy forces of intuitive, values-based self-organization emerged under several labelings, with multiple points of emphasis that re-ignited the strengths of last season's decentralized method by which the mojo found us.

Like Hurley & Company's non-system that worked to get the best out of the players work together, rather than replicate the previous year's formula in a pre-determined plug-and-play fashion, the newly-created & conceptually re-imagined 2023-24 team & is resulting performance somehow exceeded the previous year's success. This was done in spite of (or, if you will, "in the face of") the loss of 3 early departures to the NBA Draft, and two more of the top 8 scorers from the prior year's team.

As to this year's free-range, open-source, all-invited, work alone & build off of others mojo, things strengthened and grew in emphasis, or shrunk to healthy size in a multipronged way. It included things that had nothing to do with the Boneyard, or even had any awareness of The Boneyard.

Seemingly competitive ideas got turned into both/and propositions: multiple sacred beverages, multiple muses, multiple soundtracks, multiple threads, multi hidden presences, multiple takes on confidence and doom, UConn's Blue Blood or (something) Beyond stature, and more.

If Donovan Clingan singing "You Belong to Me" upset the spirit of our most active visitor from our nearest geographical conference mate, it's plausible that those who detested the suggestion that Taylor Swift have any part of this team's success might consider that it may have served to prevent any other school from accessing her powers.

If Sydney Sweeney's Bai energy was relegated to an Off-Topic board, maybe it served as inspiration for Simple Judge Uncle Junior, Ret. to enjoy his alternately embraced & forgotten golden years status in the Entertainment Forum or musing about the Jets

The would-be ruler was variously defied, mocked, ignored, humored, acknowledged, thanked, and invited to participate as a fellow among fellows. He retained a place at the table, and made some good contributions. Some were recognized & amplified by those he Ignored.

In addition, there were those who facilitated the process of inclusion, who answered questions from newer and less confident Boneyarders who wanted to be helpful. And there were members with put the bumpers in place to re-direct the gutter balls, who put up the guard rails to prevent spinouts, and who generally helped forward movement like a rotating squad of designated drivers, working to help the larger cause, and protectively ensure that the neither hubris, delusion, distraction, or harmful levels of dissension took the coaches, players, fans, or anything favorable to the team off purpose. Trolls were tracked and neutralized, meddling media was repelled.

And we are living now with the joyous results of sublimated self-glory.

Imagine Stephon Castle, Cam Spencer, Donovan Clingan, Tristen Newton, Alex Karaban, Hassan Diarra, Samson Johnson, Dan Hurley, Kimani Young, Tom Moore, Luke Murray, Jaylin Stewart, Solo Ball, or any staff member with a lower profile, or player with fewer minutes or none in key situations saying, "Once again, it was me. This could not have been done without me. I alone could have done this, and I did. You're welcome." Many of them might have a case to make a more proportioned and humbler claim. Nobody did.it would be absurd and antithetical to program values.

In celebration, we all count. We all did our part. Some more than others. But this year, once again, is decidedly not about score-keeping.

A man in his cups while blasting that he's feeling his oats, the kind of buffoon who calls his fellow fans sissies and pansies in fits of self-doubting projection, and barks pitiful put-down palaver to his dwindling crowd (many of whom also have esteemed history here) is not a leader to be reliably followed on little more than his limited, selectively-timed say so.

Fortunately, the crowd combined to arrive at wisdom, and essential messages attained value. May all who contributed be thanked for their service. We are all needed. You already know this.

It's great to set high goals and attain them. This team accomplished it mission magnificently.

Onward Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32