All Episodes Dishin & Swishin 03/30/17 Podcast: Doug Bruno returns to talk Final Four and more | The Boneyard

All Episodes Dishin & Swishin 03/30/17 Podcast: Doug Bruno returns to talk Final Four and more

Reaction Score
Probably my favorite podcast to record of the year.

This is the fifth year in a row that Doug Bruno has come on the podcast and talked women's basketball tournament and analyzed the Final Four. It's a blast, and you hear very little of me...I just say something and let Doug go! :)

Topics covered include:
  • DePaul's season in review, and the injury bug continually biting his teams
  • The job the selection committee did this year and the difficulty involved with seedings and placements
  • Bruno's idea for game sites and moving the regionals' sites, where and why it would work (hello, Debbie Antonelli)!
  • The moving of the tournament schedule this year, and the results in terms of attention, if not attendance
  • Thoughts on each of the Final Four teams, the good and the bad
  • Players to look out for on each team
  • What needs to happen for each team to win their respective semifiinals and the final
  • Why Mississippi State was able to sit most of their regular season starters and still not only survive, but thrive offensively
  • Has Geno been pulling our leg or telling the truth about never knowing what he'd get each game from his team
  • How South Carolina has adjusted to the loss of Alaina Coates, and the difficulty in replacing an All-American level player in a short period of time
  • The flexibility and diversity in Stanford's players, how Tara gets them to be so successful almost every year
  • Who will cut down the nets on Sunday night?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Lexington which was in everything but name was a home site, shows that home sites are not a regional solution unless you can guarantee your top four teams have strong home fan bases that will support other teams. Nebraska is the only location that actually did that (with a lot of help from Yori who is not there any more.)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think Albany, Springfield, NYC, Providence, or even Philadelphia/Boston would work equally well if they can find an arena in the 9000-12000 that would host. (Albany has already done so as we will see again next year.)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Doug's comment about Saniya were interesting. If we look at Saniy'a UConn career, then what he said makes complete sense.

Reaction Score
Agree with your assessment of the Saniya comments; of course virtually everything Doug says makes complete sense, right? :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom