All Bad Coaches Use the Same Language | The Boneyard

All Bad Coaches Use the Same Language

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Willie Taggert following his FSU squad getting throttled by Clemson:

The Tigers have now won four straight in the series, and this is the first Clemson senior class to go 4-0 against the Seminoles.
"I think mentally we're a weak football team and we're not mentally strong yet, and that's part of the culture to changing it to what you want," Taggart said. "We're going to find the guys that quit, and we're going to find the guys that kept playing and make sure that we keep those guys in there. So there will be some changes come next week."

Sound familiar? This is the kind of language Diaco used, and it's the kind of language Edsall has used. It serves them in that it absolves responsibility for the results, and it can buy you a solid two years before beginning to take any kind of accountability. Good coaches don't have to complain about culture and publicly shame their team and deflect from the staff's own performance.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If someone wanted to spend a few seconds on the research the AAC star coach faceplants are plentiful.

Taggert and Chad Morris were both brutal hires. SMU was never even good under Morris and Taggert was basically fired at USF until he ran into Marlon Mack and Flowers and had a decent year. Went to Oregon and didn't do anything special last year, and somehow ends up head coach at FSU?

Reaction Score
Taggert and Chad Morris were both brutal hires. SMU was never even good under Morris and Taggert was basically fired at USF until he ran into Marlon Mack and Flowers and had a decent year. Went to Oregon and didn't do anything special last year, and somehow ends up head coach at FSU?
Taggart was a bad hire for USF nevermind Oregon or FSU. I'm amazed by how bad AD's are at selecting coaches.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Taggart was a bad hire for USF nevermind Oregon or FSU. I'm amazed by how bad AD's are at selecting coaches.

He won like 7 games at Western Kentucky or something the season before he started at USF. It's honestly hilarious how unsuccessful he's been. I believe he is under .500 in his HC career

Reaction Score
He won like 7 games at Western Kentucky or something the season before he started at USF. It's honestly hilarious how unsuccessful he's been. I believe he is under .500 in his HC career
He is so far beyond the peter principle it's pretty amazing. he must have a great agent and he must be a stand up guy that people just intrinsically like, because he's an average football coach

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
yeah let's take the guy coaching in Pennsylvania and move him to Texas!

Rhule knew it was a mirage. He cashed in on a disgusting university. I am giving him credit assuming he knew he couldn’t win there - if he thought he could he stepped on too many rakes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wait a second, I thought a "National Search" performed by a consulting firm guaranteed success?

They had a panel of 100 to hire a women’s soccer coach. They landed on the closest person and lost every game all year. These people are inept.

Reaction Score
I love my State U. Always have and always will. I'm a multi sport season ticket holder for our Huskies. We are not a football school. Ugh.

Reaction Score
We've been owned by Yale and BC (and SMU and Cincinnati) in football. Not an easy history to sell but we do have one that can sell.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom