All American Awards | The Boneyard

All American Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No doubt Kelly Faris would be at the top of their Women's All America team.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I was just thinking as I read, Kelly would have gotten one of these. What a great story, and a great prank. The kind of stuff you can't do today. Back in the day, Te'o would have married that girl! :)

Reaction Score
No doubt Kelly Faris would be at the top of their Women's All America team.

You know, who's to say she isn't? Proposed: The first Annual Boneyard "Lunch Pail" All American award. This award is for all the "Lunch Pail" NCAA div I women's basketball players. Nominees for this award have to meet the following characteristics:

• A catalyst for their team
  • Never taking a play off
  • Getting the crucial rebound, making the stop, disrupting the play... doing all the little things to help the team win
  • Respect from the other team's coaches
  • Something of a dislike for public recognition or press conferences
  • But would like the idea of getting a "Lunch Pail" award
Clearly, the first nominee is Kelly Faris. The floor is now open for other nominees. I will set up a place for voting if there is enough interest. Who knows, if we issue this all-American award and someone happens to be on the first team perhaps they could become a Husky of Honor.

il_570xN.246997712.jpg

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Just as an FYI, Rutgers has a similar type of award - the Chelsea Newton Scarlet Heart Award. I don't remember the exact definition, but it goes to players who hustle, play beyond themselves, give it their all and do the intangibles.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
From an era when college pranks were so much more .... creative and cerebral. Great story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom