All 3 National Letters of Intent received by UConn | The Boneyard

All 3 National Letters of Intent received by UConn

Reaction Score
“It’s a good mix, and they are all players that we need,” Ollie said. “They are all coming in here for a reason. A lot of people look at the rankings, but they are top 10 players for us as a team. That’s what we’re looking for and that’s what we’re striving to do with our recruiting.”

Men's Basketball Receives Three NLOI

Ollie comments on all 3 in the linked article.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
These remind me of early Calhoun type recruits. He knew his style and he found players that matched his toughness.

I hope Ollie is starting to shift that way and finding guys for a purpose rather than a number.
Ollie seems to recruit like how I draft fantasy football-just get the best available player and don’t worry about what you actually need.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Now let's get 'em on campus.

That's what has taken so much of the fun out of signing day. You know any of these kids can break it in the spring. Frustrating to have to keep recruiting your signees when you would like to move on to next year's class. Only saving grace is every program now has to do this. You'd think the staff has one coach assigned just to keep the press on the signees throughout the year.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Wow, Lukas Kisunas looks like he could be the younger brother of Kristaps Porzingis. We can only hope he adds a couple more inches and the same level of talent.
Kristaps Porzingis Photos Photos: New York Knicks Media Day

This could be a great Euro catch for the program...

Cue the "I can hope [Victoria's Secret model] shows up in my bed tonight" comments.

He's 7 inches shorter and probably 7 tiers of talent below KP, but we can hope!

Not meaning to rain on your parade -- I'm into this kid; check my signature -- but let's temper our expectations.

Reaction Score
Tell me if I have this wrong, but Kisunas seems like the prototypical B1G centerwho plays classic post back to the basket style. A 3-4 year player for us down low. I’m tempering my expectations but isn’t he coming in at a level higher than Tyler Olander? The foreign players at his size often play with experience and smarts, right?

Reaction Score
Cue the "I can hope [Victoria's Secret model] shows up in my bed tonight" comments.

Not meaning to rain on your parade -- I'm into this kid; check my signature -- but let's temper our expectations.
Off topic but our guys need to get on KP’s training program. He has turned into an utter beast this year

Reaction Score

You are not raining on my parade at all and no offense taken. Do realize though my point was just how much they look alike, thus the link to the photo. ;)
No Victoria's Secret Model dreams here, obviously your avatar has that as your m/o. :D
You have our recruit at 7 inches shorter, every listing has him 6-10 and KP @ 7-3. Is this the old size joke for the blonds? 5 inches is actually 7....
It's all good and I think he is young and still growing and a good recruit to have on board.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You are not raining on my parade at all and no offense taken. Do realize though my point was just how much they look alike, thus the link to the photo. ;)
No Victoria's Secret Model dreams here, obviously your avatar has that as your m/o. :D
You have our recruit at 7 inches shorter, every listing has him 6-10 and KP @ 7-3. Is this the old size joke for the blonds? 5 inches is actually 7....
It's all good and I think he is young and still growing and a good recruit to have on board.

Points all taken. Is he really 6'10", though? I hope he is!

Reaction Score
Points all taken. Is he really 6'10", though? I hope he is!
Ive seen him listed anywhere from 6`7 to 6`10. Im curious myself to know what height he really is. Ill just go with 6`8.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom