Alisha Gray #8 Ranked 2013 Recruit | The Boneyard

Alisha Gray #8 Ranked 2013 Recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lists Schools - Link

Tenn and Kentucky seem to be on the lists of some of the Top Recruits. It will be interesting to see who wins the war if either of them do.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In an interesting twist, Kentucky is now the schoool with the very highly paid head coach.

Reaction Score
UNC, South Carolina, and Tennessee????

It is a puzzlement.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Tennessee is still on the list of a LOT of top players so I don't blame the fans for being optimistic. Heck, Baylor is on the list for Russell, Scaife and Jessica Jackson and I'm excited. Tennessee is on the list of the top 4 uncommitted players in the country, in addition to the number 8 player. The chances are that they will land at least a couple of those, maybe a third.

Reaction Score
Tennessee is still on the list of a LOT of top players so I don't blame the fans for being optimistic. Heck, Baylor is on the list for Russell, Scaife and Jessica Jackson and I'm excited. Tennessee is on the list of the top 4 uncommitted players in the country, in addition to the number 8 player. The chances are that they will land at least a couple of those, maybe a third.

i sure hope so. i'd be happy with 2 top ten players...i think Elzy coming to TN will break any tie that may existed between the two schools. she is a recruiting force to be dealt with.

Reaction Score
A girl from the south interested in playing in the south. not exactly a puzzlement.

yep. some southern girls like to be by their families and just aren't interested in moving north, and that goes both ways....some northern girls do not want to move south

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I understand them being optimistic BUT they are that way every recruiting class and have had sufficient proof that things are rarely as they see them.

Reaction Score
Tennessee is on the list of the top 4 uncommitted players in the country, in addition to the number 8 player. The chances are that they will land at least a couple of those, maybe a third.
What kind of math leads to that conclusion? Have any recruits announced their preferred school? The number of teams on the list of these top players is somewhere between 5 and a dozen. Therefore, at best the odds of any school landing one of these recruits is no better than 20% and as bad as under 10%. Thinking that any one team will land 2 or 3 of these players is beyond optimistic. Of course, every fan thinks that their team is most deserving, most attractive, the best fit, etc.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
What kind of math leads to that conclusion? Have any recruits announced their preferred school? The number of teams on the list of these top players is somewhere between 5 and a dozen. Therefore, at best the odds of any school landing one of these recruits is no better than 20% and as bad as under 10%. Thinking that any one team will land 2 or 3 of these players is beyond optimistic. Of course, every fan thinks that their team is most deserving, most attractive, the best fit, etc.

I really believe the fans think that they can control who comes to their school by the sheer will of their collective minds.

They will have 6 openings next year, so they will get 6 recruits. All top 30.

Let's see how the reality of that situation ends up.

Reaction Score
I really believe the fans think that they can control who comes to their school by the sheer will of their collective minds.

They will have 6 openings next year, so they will get 6 recruits. All top 30.

Let's see how the reality of that situation ends up.

+1

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I think that UT will land 2 or 3 recruits because they are Tennessee. Unlike many on the UCONN board, I am not ready to put them outside the top 10 for several years to come. Tennessee is STILL a very attractive place to play basketball. Time will tell, but I think they land some top recruits in 2013.

I would much rather say that Baylor is going to land 2 or 3, but I don't see that as likely as Tennessee getting multiples.

Once again, I think I am looking at this a little more objectively because I don't have the same dislike for UT that some fans do. I've always respected the program and I think that many recruits still have a high level of respect for the program, despite the coaching change.

Tennessee didn't fare well against Baylor in the NCAA tourney, but other than Stanford, who really did? ND was down by 25 at one point and they are still getting a nice haul of players.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
One other thought on the Tennessee situation. If I were a player, I would want to play for Tennessee while Pat is still involved in the program. Even if she is not the head coach there will be opportunities to be mentored by one of the greatest coaches of any sport ever. Unfortunately, the time is probably short lived and I would take the opportunity while it is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom