Ali Patberg Will Replace Asia Durr on USA U19 Team | The Boneyard

Ali Patberg Will Replace Asia Durr on USA U19 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ali Patberg Named To 2015 USA U19 World Championship Team

-- USA U19 Begins Preparing In Defense Of Title On June 30 --
Originally named as an alternate to the 2015 USA Basketball Women’s U19 World Championship Team on May 17, 2015, incoming University of Notre Dame freshman Ali Patberg (Columbus North H.S./Columbus, Ind.) has been added to the USA U19 roster, USA Basketball today announced.

In addition to Patberg, the 2015 USA U19 World Championship Team features: Kristine Anigwe (Desert Vista H.S./Phoenix, Ariz.); Napheesa Collier (Incarnate Word Academy/O’Fallon, Mo.); Lauren Cox(Flower Mound H.S./Flower Mound, Texas); Crystal Dangerfield (Blackman H.S./Murfreesboro, Tenn.);Mariya Moore (Louisville/Richmond, Calif.); Gabbi Ortiz (Oklahoma/Racine, Wis.); Katie Lou Samuelson (Mater Dei H.S./Huntington Beach, Calif.); Azurá Stevens (Duke/Raleigh, N.C.); Shakayla Thomas (Florida State/Sylacauga, Ala.); Chatrice White (Illinois/Shelby, Neb.) and A’ja Wilson (South Carolina/Hopkins, S.C.).

“I’m really excited to start training camp,” said USA U19 and University of South Carolina head coach Dawn Staley. “We have a big feat ahead of us and the more opportunity we have to prepare, the better. I’m looking forward to working with a star-studded roster. Hopefully we can get everyone meshing sooner than later, but with experience in USA Basketball I know that everybody is willing to do their part for us to be successful.

The USA U19 squad is on a quest to capture a sixth-consecutive gold medal at the 2015 FIBA U19 World Championship, hosted from July 18-26 in Chekhov, Russia, and will train June 30-July 7 at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, beginning with a 5 p.m. (all times listed are MDT) practice on June 30. The team will train twice a day, at 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. July 1-3. Practicing just once at 1 p.m. on July 4, the U.S. squad will practice at 8:30 a.m. and scrimmage the USA Pan American Games Team at 5 p.m. on July 5-6. The team’s final domestic practice will be at 1 p.m. on July 7, prior to departing for Europe on July 8.

Traveling to Murcia, Spain, for a round-robin tournament July 12-14 against U19 national teams from Australia, Canada and Spain, the U.S. squad will arrive in Russia July 15 for the 2015 FIBA U19 World Championship.

[LINK] to full USA Basketball story

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Loss for the U19 team. I know Ali won a POY, but she's not as talented as Asia Durr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom