Alexis Morris 2nd chance at Baylor? | The Boneyard

Alexis Morris 2nd chance at Baylor?

Reaction Score
Multiple Baylor insiders are saying she will be back on the team next season if she can stay out of trouble and focus on school. Morris is currently enrolled and taking classes at Baylor.

The plan is she will redshirt and have 3 years of eligibility left. Would be a game changer for Baylor if they get her back for future seasons. PG position hasn't been the same without her.

Dq9VScn.png

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If only we had her this season....

If Mulkey can keep the 2018 class together, theyll be ridiculously loaded in 2021 and 2022 since Morris effectively joins that class.

Reaction Score
If Mulkey can keep the 2018 class together, theyll be ridiculously loaded in 2021 and 2022 since Morris effectively joins that class.

Yep the fab 5 plus Morris and Oliver from the class before. So 7 in that class. Smith will be the next AA if she continues to grow and play well. However, in that group all of them have a chance to become AAs.

Reaction Score
Yep the fab 5 plus Morris and Oliver from the class before. So 7 in that class. Smith will be the next AA if she continues to grow and play well. However, in that group all of them have a chance to become AAs.

UConn fans are often accused of being a little over the top with their assessments of our players, but I don't think we've every written that seven players from one class have a chance to be All American.

Reaction Score
UConn fans are often accused of being a little over the top with their assessments of our players, but I don't think we've every written that seven players from one class have a chance to be All American.
I don’t see All-American status in Bickle or Oliver’s futures, although I do think Bickle is a solid player. Egbo, Smith, Morris, DeCosta, and Scott-Grayson seem to have a shot.

Reaction Score

They are freshmen and several have the skills to become AAs. However, if you want reread what I said "they all have a chance" meaning it's in their hands if they become AAs. Where did I state they will become AA's?

I don’t see All-American status in Bickle or Oliver’s futures, although I do think Bickle is a solid player. Egbo, Smith, Morris, DeCosta, and Scott-Grayson seem to have a shot.

Nobody expected someone like Nina Davis to be the player she was coming out of HS. This class is super talented and all have the potential. I don't want to be the person to say someone can't achieve something.

Reaction Score

I would agree with your assessment. Bickle will the player that does so many things that does not show up on a stat sheet. The one with the least chance is Oliver. However, her cousin Jordyn the only incoming freshman next year will.

Reaction Score
I know any freshman can be redshirted but Morris, as a sophomore, needs a reason (medical) and I don't see how being kicked off the team after being arrested qualifies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
While I do believe in second chances, it was said by some that Baylor athletics was going through a "zero tolerance" type of disciplinary outlook. But, allowing Morris to remain on the team negates that.

A couple of years ago, Baylor's Justin Szcepanski-Beaver was kicked off the team; no reports of what she did wrong. I would find it hard to believe that it was worse than being arrested for domestic violence. Yet, she was sent packing with no second chance. But, she wasn't a contributor on the court.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I know any freshman can be redshirted but Morris, as a sophomore, needs a reason (medical) and I don't see how being kicked off the team after being arrested qualifies.
A player has 5 years to complete 4. You can redshirt any season regardless of the reason as long as you play in zero games.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Honestly, I think Kim has done the right thing here and is giving some tough, but motivated love here. From all reports Alexis is doing well and has accepted her accountability for her mistakes. That is huge. How many young adults just leave and move on to the next program after burning bridges. I am rooting for her to make it back and again laud Kim for how she’s handled this. This is about life and basketball is just a part of a it.

Reaction Score
While I do believe in second chances, it was said by some that Baylor athletics was going through a "zero tolerance" type of disciplinary outlook. But, allowing Morris to remain on the team negates that.

A couple of years ago, Baylor's Justin Szcepanski-Beaver was kicked of the team; no reports of what she did wrong. I would find it hard to believe that it was worse than being arrested for domestic violence. Yet, she was sent packing with no second chance. But, she wasn't a contributor on the court.

She isn't on the team. She has nothing to do with the team.

Reaction Score
They are freshmen and several have the skills to become AAs. However, if you want reread what I said "they all have a chance" meaning it's in their hands if they become AAs. Where did I state they will become AA's?

Where did I write that you said that they will become AA's?

Reaction Score
I don't believe she is actually redshirting. She might fall under a different category. Red shirts get to practice with the team. She is not doing that and is not listed on the roster. She is not an athletic redshirt. She is sitting out a year and not on the team. How that works in respect to her scholarship I can not say. As another poster mentioned she will have five years to do four, but in her case as with other really good athletes she may not opt for the fifth year.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
She might be for this semester, but how do you know she will be next?
You're right. Her tweet posted at the top of this thread clearly indicates that she is having her scholarship revoked and moving on from Baylor . . . :confused:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Check NCAA rules. This is out of Kim's hands.
Not sure what "rule" you are referencing. Kim determines if/when a Baylor women's hoopster has their scholarship revoked for violating team/school rules.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure what "rule" you are referencing. Kim determines if/when a Baylor women's hoopster has their scholarship revoked for violating team/school rules.

So if she is off scholarship for a year and does everything required of her to rejoin the team then I don't see what they problem is here.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So if she is off scholarship for a year and does everything required of her to rejoin the team then I don't see what they problem is here.
You seriously think she's paying a year's worth of private institution Baylor tuition and college expenses out of her own pocket -- $30,000 or so minimum, I assume -- instead of having left to another university where she gets a full scholarship for her remaining 3-4 years of college? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
You seriously think she's paying a year's worth of private institution Baylor tuition and college expenses out of her own pocket -- $30,000 or so minimum, I assume -- instead of having left to another university where she gets a full scholarship for her remaining 3-4 years of college? :rolleyes:

I don't know that and neither do you. So you are just assuming and you know what they say about that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom