Alexis Jones Injury | The Boneyard

Alexis Jones Injury

Reaction Score
I am curious as to whether anyone has heard anything on Alexis Jones's injury? I have searched around the Internet and have not been able to find anything as of yet. I wonder if it is an ACL again or if it's a minor knee injury (relatively speaking). If anyone finds anything I'd appreciate it!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hoping for the best for Alexis. MRI was on 2/21/17. Baylor next plays on Saturday should know something by then.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
One of the 2 or 3 guards in WCBB I'd pay to see. I hope she's fitter than a fiddle come Dallas time. Or sooner.

Reaction Score
Only info I've found. Dr. PARKH SAYS: best scenario knee sprain ( 2-4 weeks), worse case , meniscus tear ( surgery +2-4 weeks) , MCL strain (3-4 wks ) . Unable to find any updates. Sorry was unable to copy link here for some reason.

Reaction Score
Initial thought apparently was a bone bruise. Let's hope it is nothing serious.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Potentially a devastating injury for Baylor. They need her if they have any chance to upset Connecticut.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
She's got a little over 5 weeks until the FF semi on March 31. They should be able to make it through to the elite 8, and depending on the matchup, that elite 8 game should be winnable even without Prince. It could happen that they meet a team like South Carolina, though, or Texas (again). Prince would surely be missed in either case.

Once in Dallas, they will need her for sure. I have a feeling she'll be there. Not sure about the E8 weekend though.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She's got a little over 5 weeks until the FF semi on March 31. They should be able to make it through to the elite 8, and depending on the matchup, that elite 8 game should be winnable even without Prince. It could happen that they meet a team like South Carolina, though, or Texas (again). Prince would surely be missed in either case.
Once in Dallas, they will need her for sure. I have a feeling she'll be there. Not sure about the E8 weekend though.
Is Prince hurt also?

Reaction Score

It's jones that's injured.... Not Prince.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Oops...started my thread before I saw this one. Maybe mine can be merged into this thread.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Good news plus there can be benefits for the rest of the team with a brief forced absence like this. Like with Nurse (she'll come back fresh and we'll have gotten some minutes for CD and experience that we wouldn't have otherwise had).

Reaction Score
Baylor coach Kim Mulkey said. "Some people can play with that ... you take pain medication and just gut it out..." Thought this could have been put another way by Mulkey. Sure puts a lot of pressure on the kid.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Baylor coach Kim Mulkey said. "Some people can play with that ... you take pain medication and just gut it out..." Thought this could have been put another way by Mulkey. Sure puts a lot of pressure on the kid.
Yes, and she might have been more specific about just exactly what she means by "pain medication."

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Yes, and she might have been more specific about just exactly what she means by "pain medication."

I am offering to send Percocet if it helps.

Kim has point blank said that it is Jones' decision when she can play again. If she can't Mulkey is not going to pressure her to play. And it is true, each person has a different tolerance to pain and only the person who is in pain knows what their limits are. I am guessing that if Jones can play that she wants to and doesn't need to be pushed to play. She wants a national championship and I have not doubt that come tourney time she will be on the court. However, it may not be until the Sweet Sixteen game is my guess.

Reaction Score
I am offering to send Percocet if it helps.

Kim has point blank said that it is Jones' decision when she can play again. If she can't Mulkey is not going to pressure her to play. And it is true, each person has a different tolerance to pain and only the person who is in pain knows what their limits are. I am guessing that if Jones can play that she wants to and doesn't need to be pushed to play. She wants a national championship and I have not doubt that come tourney time she will be on the court. However, it may not be until the Sweet Sixteen game is my guess.
I'll send you my address. And deliver them personally.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, Jones discusses all her options with her family and team Dr's.........Mulley know's she is dead in the water without Jones and maybe dead either way.........Best wishes for a speedy recovery.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom