Alex Karabans potential | The Boneyard

Alex Karabans potential

Reaction Score
Alex’s game Iq is immaculate. I haven’t really seen a shot I didn’t like that he took. He’s so consistent at making good decisions with the ball and rarely turns it over as a freshmen.

Reaction Score
He has excellent IQ on both sides - and his offensive skill game & composure is really insane for a freshman.

With that said, he has been COOOOOOOOked a couple times on the perimeter, and at 6'7-6'8 he'll def need to guard there in the NBA so his biggest focus has to be upgrading his perimeter footspeed & technique

Reaction Score
He has excellent IQ on both sides - and his offensive skill game & composure is really insane for a freshman.

With that said, he has been COOOOOOOOked a couple times on the perimeter, and at 6'7-6'8 he'll def need to guard there in the NBA so his biggest focus has to be upgrading his perimeter footspeed & technique
Give him a year to get physically up to speed defensively. Obviously Hurley trusts that his overall game (and IQ) is vital to the teams' success or he wouldn't be leading the team in minutes played when he isn't in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
He'll be limited at the pro level due to his lack of NBA speed/athleticism.

At the college level, I can definitely see him being a Luke Maye-level star by year 3.

Reaction Score
Think he’ll be a phenomenal college player. He is a bit of a tweener though. Not ideal foot speed for the 3 and not ideal size/strength for the 4. Going to be really interesting to see what the S&C staff does with him over the next few seasons.

Reaction Score
Yeah forget about Hawk and Clingan, Karaban will be lighting up the draft boards
Obviously those guys are more NBA ready now but Karaban as a long term prospect after 2-3 years in college definitely has potential. At 6'8 210 you would think he would leave here in the 220-225 range and if he can work on his foot speed defensively he has already shown his feel for the game and 3pt shot. I'm not saying he leaves here a top 10 pick but think he could find a role in the league and have a nice long career.

Reaction Score
He has clear strengths, I was just thinking "Hmmm I wonder how his stats compared to Doug Mcdermott" and I clearly forgot how good Doug was. Also I broke the number one player comp rule which is dont just compare white players to other white players. With that said I do think that if his game develops the way we hope he could have a chance at a minor role player in the nba. In that scenario he upgrades his body and footspeed a bit and becomes an absolute offensive juggernaut by his junior year

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
He has clear strengths, I was just thinking "Hmmm I wonder how his stats compared to Doug Mcdermott" and I clearly forgot how good Doug was. Also I broke the number one player comp rule which is dont just compare white players to other white players. With that said I do think that if his game develops the way we hope he could have a chance at a minor role player in the nba. In that scenario he upgrades his body and footspeed a bit and becomes an absolute offensive juggernaut by his junior year
A taller, forward version of Austin Reaves(was a standout with Oklahoma and now is an important rotation player for the Lakers). Average athlete, good size for a 2-guard, bbiq off the charts. Always makes the right play. Shot can improve, but he takes the right shot. Needs to improve on the defensive side of the ball, but that should come with added strength and experience at the level. Much of the same can be said of Karaban.

Reaction Score
All Alex needs to do is add a bit of muscle. May take 1-2 years. The only games he's looked overmatched/gotten into fould trouble have been vs. teams with more physical 3's/4's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom