Alex Karaban named to Karl Malone Award watch list | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban named to Karl Malone Award watch list

Reaction Score
So now we have Newton, Castle and Karaban named to position watch lists with Clingan certain to be on the Jabbar watch list. So just missing someone on the Julius Erving watch list (mostly because we don't have an obvious shooting forward position this season). Not bad.

Karaban was named to the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame's 20-man watch list for the Karl Malone Award, presented annually to the top power forward in Division 1 men's college basketball.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Love seeing this. He's a guy too many are sleeping on.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Malone won nothing in college at La Tech. Great name and had a great NBA career. Let's face it, even at the NBA level Tim Duncan was a better PF with more accomplishments than Malone was in the NBA.

College PF of the year? That's a tough one. Really want to piss people off? Chrissy is the most accomplished PF in college over the past 50 years.

Reaction Score
Its great, but I mean... has there ever been two more different players? Feels odd that Karaban would be slotted into that category

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Its great, but I mean... has there ever been two more different players? Feels odd that Karaban would be slotted into that category
He's a power forward. The role has changed since Karl's time. Alex is a terrific example of the modern version.

Reaction Score
Where else would you categorize him? Shooting forward? He'd be misplaced there.

Karl Malone retired in 2004 and was the prototypical 4 for most of his career in the league. The skills at the 4 position have changed today. But not worth changing the name of the award to mirror what a 4 is today.

Reaction Score
Where else would you categorize him? Shooting forward? He'd be misplaced there.

Karl Malone retired in 2004 and was the prototypical 4 for most of his career in the league. The skills at the 4 position have changed today. But not worth changing the name of the award to mirror what a 4 is today.
Yea I'm not criticizing - just amazing how the game has changed

Reaction Score
Some really impressive names on that list. Good company to be in. Congrats Alex!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom