Albatross Vampire Theory | The Boneyard

Albatross Vampire Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm working on an albatross around the neck concept. A contemporary Rime of the Ancient Mariner construct with vampires included.

This has to do with the hiring of Bob Diaco three years ago, and progressive decline of the UCONN athletic department in the two major money making men's sports.

I'm hooked on the Mariner theme because of the three wedding guests (three big money sports at uconn) and the obvious male/female wedding thing - given the importance of women's basketball UCONN. But it's not working yet. Haven't figured out how to run with it.

There is definitely an albatross that needs to be cut loose from hanging around the neck and sink like lead into the sea though, so it's got to work. And the vampire thing. The blood sucking energy vampire thing. Who's the real energy sucker?

And I've always found Bruce Dickinson lyrics inspiring.

"The mariner kills the bird of good omen
His shipmates cry against what he's done
But when the fog clears, they justify him
And make themselves a part of the crime"

More to come. Need to think on it. I'm on a mission.

Reaction Score
I was disappointed to not see a Josh Marriner reference here.

Oh no, young padawan. That's been considered, worked over, and purposely left out of the OP. This is much, much bigger than one single player on a division 1, 85 scholarship football roster over the past 3 years.

This has to do with the fact that Bob Diaco is the real energy sucking vampire of the UCONN athletic department. My issue in moving forward with a narrative post is determning the relationship between the albatross, and the Mariner, and Diaco.

It's clear if you read the lyrics from Iron Maiden's signature 1984 Powerslave album, that the Mariner kills an omen. the shipmates cry out against it. (Season 1 of scrimmages - 2-10) .

But then the fog clears and they (the crew) justify him. (6-7 - won a game against Tulane 7-3 by scoring a defensive touchdown). Lost the bowl game - badly.

And make themselves part of the crime.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Oh no, young padawan. That's been considered, worked over, and purposely left out of the OP. This is much, much bigger than one single player on a division 1, 85 scholarship football roster over the past 3 years.

This has to do with the fact that Bob Diaco is the real energy sucking vampire of the UCONN athletic department. My issue in moving forward with a narrative post is determning the relationship between the albatross, and the Mariner, and Diaco.

It's clear if you read the lyrics from Iron Maiden's signature 1984 Powerslave album, that the Mariner kills an omen. the shipmates cry out against it. (Season 1 of scrimmages - 2-10) .

But then the fog clears and they (the crew) justify him. (6-7 - won a game against Tulane 7-3 by scoring a defensive touchdown). Lost the bowl game - badly.

And make themselves part of the crime.

"The bugle sounds and the charge begins
But on this battlefield no one wins
The smell of acrid smoke and horses breath
As I plunge on into certain death"

Reaction Score
What I"m stuck with, is what the Omen was - that was killed and hung around the neck. Was it as simple as game 1 against BYU? Casey Cochran's concussion? Was it the last drive against Army at Yankee Stadium? There are many options to choose from.

But by justifying it all for 3 years - the crew has all made themselves part of the crime.

Reaction Score
"The bugle sounds and the charge begins
But on this battlefield no one wins
The smell of acrid smoke and horses breath
As I plunge on into certain death"

No, no. The trooper is an assault theme. This is not an aggressive endeavor. It's an introspective peaceful examination.

Reaction Score
Peace, and love, and care, and brotherhood, and being one football family as we win breakfast together.

Yes, let us break bread together on this journey to learning what it means to win.

Pay no attention to the scoreboard.

Reaction Score
I'm working on an albatross around the neck concept. A contemporary Rime of the Ancient Mariner construct with vampires included.

This has to do with the hiring of Bob Diaco three years ago, and progressive decline of the UCONN athletic department in the two major money making men's sports.

I'm hooked on the Mariner theme because of the three wedding guests (three big money sports at uconn) and the obvious male/female wedding thing - given the importance of women's basketball UCONN. But it's not working yet. Haven't figured out how to run with it.

There is definitely an albatross that needs to be cut loose from hanging around the neck and sink like lead into the sea though, so it's got to work. And the vampire thing. The blood sucking energy vampire thing. Who's the real energy sucker?

And I've always found Bruce Dickinson lyrics inspiring.

"The mariner kills the bird of good omen
His shipmates cry against what he's done
But when the fog clears, they justify him
And make themselves a part of the crime"

More to come. Need to think on it. I'm on a mission.
Love Maiden's epic. Should be played at the Rent until we break the curse and the bird falls from our necks.

Reaction Score
I don't know about linking MBB to Football. That seems utterly unfair.

Kevin Ollie did win with Jim Calhoun recruits. A National Championship is tough in March. These two recruiting classes (the one that are playing now with Larrier/Adams/Enoch and the incoming next Sept) is the Kevin Ollie imprint. At the end of the day, I think they will win quite a lot. Will we rise to Calhoun like levels? We will find out ... but my guess is that we are going to wistfully realize that JC was special. Beyond Izzo? Beyond Williams? Beyond Self? He just was.

Reaction Score
Even for Spackler, this is pretty far out there.

If we're stuck with Coach Booby, I'm just warming up to match up and defeat his version of full retard.

I eat bats for breakfast and fish-cakes bigger than Bobby.

Reaction Score
I don't know about linking MBB to Football. That seems utterly unfair.

Kevin Ollie did win with Jim Calhoun recruits. A National Championship is tough in March. These two recruiting classes (the one that are playing now with Larrier/Adams/Enoch and the incoming next Sept) is the Kevin Ollie imprint. At the end of the day, I think they will win quite a lot. Will we rise to Calhoun like levels? We will find out ... but my guess is that we are going to wistfully realize that JC was special. Beyond Izzo? Beyond Williams? Beyond Self? He just was.

I have no intention of crossing the streams of boneyard fandom. Crossing the streams would be bad. But nothing is out of play, when it comes to defeating the destructor.

Reaction Score
Love Maiden's epic. Should be played at the Rent until we break the curse and the bird falls from our necks.

Taste in music varies, but I for one will be happy never to hear Jon Bon blowme over the speakers again at Rentschler. So many signs to look back at that were ignored or missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom