Albany vs. Maine for America East championship | The Boneyard

Albany vs. Maine for America East championship

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
... with a familiar voice on the play-by-play: the guy that does the UConn games on SNY (I forget his name).
Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

Albany, up 12 in the 4th quarter, appears headed to the NCAA tournament again. Last year, with Coach Abe at the helm, they upset Florida in the 1st round before bowing out to Syracuse.

New coach, same old story: UAlbany seeks another title

When former University at Albany coach Katie Abrahamson-Henderson suddenly bolted for a new opportunity, the Great Danes were stunned.

"It was not the happiest moment of our lives," junior Tiana-Jo Carter said with a laugh. "But life's all about change, and we knew that she was going on to a bigger place that's better for her career, so we had to respect that." ...

New coach Joanna Bernabei-McNamee has been more than up to the task.

After starting 3-5, Albany (20-11) has settled nicely into Coach Mac's system. The Great Danes finished the regular season by winning nine of their last 10 games in conference play. Among those victories was 64-55 over regular-season champion New Hampshire, which had won 13 straight. ...

"I thought that I would get them on the same page a little faster than we did," added Bernabei-McNamee, whose staff includes Hall of Famer Yolanda Griffith and former Albany star guard Erin Coughlin. "Patience is a virtue I don't always have. It paid off. Now they're really coming together.​

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
rMmB3pH.jpg

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I watched that game. I enjoyed it. Eric Friede? is the announcer you heard. I heard him the other night announcing another game. He seems to be busy this post season.

Reaction Score
Nice weekend for UAlbany sports fans. Maryland comes to Albany to play lax tomorrow and the men's basketball team plays at Vermont tomorrow for the AE title.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Albany gave Duke all it could handle in the first round in 2015.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Albany gave Duke all it could handle in the first round in 2015.
Could be that Albany has a thing for teams from North Carolina. I seem to remember Albany taking UNC to the buzzer in a tournament game around 2013?? also.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Could be that Albany has a thing for teams from North Carolina. I seem to remember Albany taking UNC to the buzzer in a tournament game around 2013?? also.

I looked it up, and you are correct. Albany lost 59-54 @ UNC in 2013.

Reaction Score
The Maryland lacrosse game at UAlbany was postponed today. Will be rescheduled in April.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom