Alabama's Kobie Baker Resignation Connected to FBI Investigation | The Boneyard

Alabama's Kobie Baker Resignation Connected to FBI Investigation

Reaction Score
According to TideSports.com, the recently reported resignation of Alabama's Kobie Baker is directly related to the FBI investigation.

"The resignation of Kobie Baker from his position as associate athletics director at the University of Alabama came after an internal investigation indicated that Baker may have been involved in a scheme to accept money in return for directing a UA player to sign with an Atlanta financial advisor after declaring for the NBA draft, The Tuscaloosa News has learned."

Yes this is the guy who was formerly an associate in the NCAA's Division of Enforcement. Colin Sexton is believed to be the player as he is from Atlanta.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
“Following yesterday’s reports from New York regarding a Federal investigation of intercollegiate athletics, The University of Alabama Department of Athletics immediately initiated an internal review of our men’s basketball operations,” UA director of athletics Greg Byrne said in the release. “As a result, we have accepted the resignation effective today of Kobie Baker, a men’s basketball administrator. Our review has not identified any NCAA or SEC rules violations nor the involvement of any other coach or staff member. We have notified both of the governing bodies of the actions we have taken. As always, we will continue to be proactive in our compliance efforts.”

(I didn’t intend to use any words here, I was just going to use the little emoji where the guy looks perplexed and he has his fingers on his chin. It would perfectly captured the duplicity of the Alabama statement. You would have known exactly what I meant the second you saw it. You would have appreciated the simplicity of the message. Alas, that emoji is not recognized here. It doesn’t exist. It doesn’t show up. Verboten. So I ask you, pretend that instead of this dense block of text that has wasted time that you will never get back, you saw an emoji of a little perplexed guy with his fingers on his chin. Thanks.)

Reaction Score
“Following yesterday’s reports from New York regarding a Federal investigation of intercollegiate athletics, The University of Alabama Department of Athletics immediately initiated an internal review of our men’s basketball operations,” UA director of athletics Greg Byrne said in the release. “As a result, we have accepted the resignation effective today of Kobie Baker, a men’s basketball administrator. Our review has not identified any NCAA or SEC rules violations nor the involvement of any other coach or staff member. We have notified both of the governing bodies of the actions we have taken. As always, we will continue to be proactive in our compliance efforts.”

I mean, from my understanding it's not against the NCAA bylaws for a coach to take money from a financial adviser to steer a player to the adviser.

But it is apparently against the law.

Assuming Sexton didn't see any of that money, he might even remain eligible.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

(I didn’t intend to use any words here, I was just going to use the little emoji where the guy looks perplexed and he has his fingers on his chin. It would perfectly captured the duplicity of the Alabama statement. You would have known exactly what I meant the second you saw it. You would have appreciated the simplicity of the message. Alas, that emoji is not recognized here. It doesn’t exist. It doesn’t show up. Verboten. So I ask you, pretend that instead of this dense block of text that has wasted time that you will never get back, you saw an emoji of a little perplexed guy with his fingers on his chin. Thanks.)
images.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
A former NCAA enforcement officer? There's another shoe dropping...
Potential tie in to NCAA and hopefully football. You have to think Baker funneled football players to agents as well. And maybe they'll start investigating ties that the NCAA has with agencies and AAU.

Would love to see this thing spread. I have a few football programs, ADs, NCAA officials and coaches that I would like to see get hit and get hit hard.

1) Let's start with Louisville, FSU and Clemson football. That would be poetic justice.
2) Any program where the players say THE before the university like THE Ohio State. THE should be reserved for THE Boneyard.
3) Any Alabama program. Their penalty should be only white players can play on their football teams. At least that would eliminate the dichotomy of their political and sport aims.
4) PSU because of Sandusky.
5) Paul Pasquoloni and Bob Diaco because they murdered UConn football.
6) The people who got rid of the Block C on UConn football helmets.
7) Jeff Hathaway and Mark Emmert. No explanation needed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom