Alabama @ Tennessee (24) - 1/20/20 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Alabama @ Tennessee (24) - 1/20/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Whoa! "Everyone" isn't losing to unranked teams. Tennessee is losing to unranked teams. UConn last lost to an unranked team in 2012. That's 8 years ago. Okay!!!
Okay , technically but I was just generalizing some things. Unranked or lower ranked teams are making games a lot more interesting then they have been. Yes Tennessee did. As did Stanford and Maryland. Kentucky and those who have not have found themselves pretty close To doing so. My point.

Reaction Score
I know I've said this before but it bears repeating.

The Vols fans have sorely underappreciated the genius of Holly Warlick. She skillfully dragged their expectations down so low to the point where they are ECSTATIC over a lucky 2-point win over Bama.

She was no good from the start,, was EZ 2 C Tenn athletic dept did some lasting damage to kill what was a signature program....

Now premier programs in SEC are SC, Ms St, Kentucky and apparently Alabama!

When will TN get some players like they had in Stricklen that gal hated to lose... and brought it every night

Reaction Score
Okay , technically but I was just generalizing some things. Unranked or lower ranked teams are making games a lot more interesting then they have been. Yes Tennessee did. As did Stanford and Maryland. Kentucky and those who have not have found themselves pretty close To doing so. My point.

"Technically" is one way to put it. Another is "factually."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
LVF, I see from your profile that you’ve been lurking on the BY for almost 4 years now. Congratulations on finally having the gumption to actually post your thoughts.

Here’s a little bit of unsolicited advice. Many regular BY posters are extremely knowledgeable. If you don’t want to get called out for inaccurate hyperbole, take a little time to consider what you post. Maybe do a little research to document your claims.

When I first began posting on the BY in November 2016, I was warmly welcomed by many longtime posters. However, if I posted inaccurate or over the top comments, I was thoroughly called out by folks who knew better.

While I still get things wrong from time to time, I am far more careful to insure that what I post is not complete nonsense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The ending of the game was "fantastic"....Most of us LV fans were hopeful of a winning shot to win the game, but no one expected a 25 footer to finish off a gallant Bama squad that fought all the way to the end....

Under coach Warlick this would have never happened, never. She must have been born under an unlucky star.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The ending of the game was "fantastic"....Most of us LV fans were hopeful of a winning shot to win the game, but no one expected a 25 footer to finish off a gallant Bama squad that fought all the way to the end....

Under coach Warlick this would have never happened, never. She must have been born under an unlucky star.
How can you be sure it would have "never happened, never"? I recall a Holly Warlick-led team that beat Notre Dame -- in a year when ND was a #1 seed -- on a late game-winning shot by Jaime Nared. There were other close games that Tennessee won under Warlick's watch.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
If tennessee keeps making those boneheaded turnovers like trying to continue to force the ball in the paint, uconn will eat their lunch. Uconn should also have a field day on the three point shot, as tennessee has major problems getting out to cover it. I wouldnt be surprised that this turns out to be a 25-30 point blowout..

I think the big key will be to shut down davis because the rest of the offense is super inconsistent and majorly turnover prone, especially against a bit of pressure

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Plebe tell me about "the other 25 footer" for the win?
Oh I see. So Warlick's shortcomings as a coach are proven by the fact that they never hit a desperation 25-foot prayer-heave at the buzzer to win the game? How frequently should a competent coach get those?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I genuinely like Coach Harper as she is astute enough to see the soft schedule and their historic dysfunction on offense. However until she actually plays and beats good teams at home and on the road with regularity, we don’t know if the corner has turned for the LVs. The turnover concern is a huge problem for this team and UConn, unlike Alabama will capitalize on those types of mistakes. UConn has 4 proven scorers and an emerging Bench player who can score. I see 1 player (ONE with a capital “O”) who can score for UT. That will not get it done, some one or someones will need to drastically step up their games to compete. Given the vitriol the UConn Staff now has towards TN, I do not see the game ending well for Coach Harper. Hopefully Phil watches this game to see what he has wrought..:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If you win, so be it...

This staff never did anything to Geno, why the vitriol? Let the anger go, you will live longer.

Reaction Score
Whoa! "Everyone" isn't losing to unranked teams. Tennessee is losing to unranked teams. UConn last lost to an unranked team in 2012. That's 8 years ago. Okay!!!
[/
LVF, I see from your profile that you’ve been lurking on the BY for almost 4 years now. Congratulations on finally having the gumption to actually post your thoughts.

Here’s a little bit of unsolicited advice. Many regular BY posters are extremely knowledgeable. If you don’t want to get called out for inaccurate hyperbole, take a little time to consider what you post. Maybe do a little research to document your claims.

When I first began posting on the BY in November 2016, I was warmly welcomed by many longtime posters. However, if I posted inaccurate or over the top comments, I was thoroughly called out by folks who knew better.

While I still get things wrong from time to time, I am far more careful to insure that what I post is not complete nonsense.
Wjat did I post that was in accurate. The point of my post was/is that parity exist. Records don’t matter. Anyone can be beat. This season has shown that. I’m not looking to be friends with anyone. It’s a message board. So you can have several seats. Next!

Reaction Score
If tennessee keeps making those boneheaded turnovers like trying to continue to force the ball in the paint, uconn will eat their lunch. Uconn should also have a field day on the three point shot, as tennessee has major problems getting out to cover it. I wouldnt be surprised that this turns out to be a 25-30 point blowout..

I think the big key will be to shut down davis because the rest of the offense is super inconsistent and majorly turnover prone, especially against a bit of pressure
That what I’m afraid of. I really want it to be a good game. If they bring the series back, even for just two, I think they should be Epic! Geno will have UConn ready I just hope we play up to. I wanna beat you guys tho!!!

Reaction Score
You ask, “What did I post that was inaccurate?” Specifically, the following quotes are inaccurate.

Despite UConn WBB’s unprecedented success, UConn fans are hypercritical about even the slightest struggle by the Huskies. Read some of the posts around here after a closer than expected win or, god forbid, a rare loss, and you will clearly see that living up to unrealistic expectations comes with a level of criticism that is often unwarranted. As a TN LV fan, that is something I am certain you should understand.

Here again, this statement is just wrong. Off the top of my head, SC, Baylor, UConn & Oregon have not lost to any unranked teams.

You have an option, and I might suggest a responsibility, to check your facts before you post. It is the difference between being considered as a knowledgeable contributor to this website or, as Geno might refer to someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about, “just a dummy.”

At the time, an unranked Arizona State beat both no. 2 Oregon and no. 3 OSU within a couple days of each other (in fairness, ASU was ranked earlier in the season). But yes, the others you mentioned are correct ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom