Alabama QB Jalen Hurts will transfer to Oklahoma for senior season | The Boneyard

Alabama QB Jalen Hurts will transfer to Oklahoma for senior season

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts has committed to play his senior season at the University of Oklahoma.

1547665035483.png

He announced his decision Wednesday via a story on The Players' Tribune. As a graduate transfer, Hurts is eligible to play immediately.

[Story]

Last edited by a moderator:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
labama quarterback Jalen Hurts has committed to play his senior season at the University of Oklahoma.

View attachment 38337

He announced his decision Wednesday via a story on The Players' Tribune. As a graduate transfer, Hurts is eligible to play immediately.

[Story]

I guess he wants the Heismann. :)

Best of luck to him but I do not think he has the 'arm talent' to make it at the next level unless Lincoln Riley really is a magician.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I guess he wants the Heismann. :)

Best of luck to him but I do not think he has the 'arm talent' to make it at the next level unless Lincoln Riley really is a magician.
I think he just wants a chance to start and compete. He was a fantastic team mate who put his pride aside for his team. I will miss him, but I think he did what is best for him. He has graduated , so hanging around is pointless. There are two hot shot QBs coming in this spring, and Tua is still there for at least a year. No room in the inn , so to speak.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think he just wants a chance to start and compete. He was a fantastic team mate who put his pride aside for his team. I will miss him, but I think he did what is best for him. He has graduated , so hanging around is pointless. There are two hot shot QBs coming in this spring, and Tua is still there for at least a year. No room in the inn , so to speak.

It's seems alot of the Sport commentators are fitting him for the Heismann and first round status. That seems very far fetched to me but what do I know. :confused:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
It's seems alot of the Sport commentators are fitting him for the Heismann and first round status. That seems very far fetched to me but what do I know. :confused:
He is talented, but I do not think he is Heismann level . That offense will be good for him, and there is a lack of defensive talent in the Big 12. I know he got better this year, and Saban told him he would train him up. I hope he has all the luck in the world. Wouldn't it be something if he faced Bama in a bowl/playoff? :D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
He is talented, but I do not think he is Heismann level . That offense will be good for him, and there is a lack of defensive talent in the Big 12. I know he got better this year, and Saban told him he would train him up. I hope he has all the luck in the world. Wouldn't it be something if he faced Bama in a bowl/playoff? :D

Real stand up kid. Not often you see such sacrifice for your team from that position

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Jalens performance in last years ncg made me a fan for life, even though I don’t think he has the arm talent to make it (and saban made the right call as those 2 nc games he was pretty abysmal).

I think he’s going to have a very bright future as a coach at some point, but I could see him being a star in the CFL If he wants to keep playing QB.

Not sure Oklahoma was the best fit for his skills (I would’ve said miss st or maybe unc since brown coaches Vince Young) but Riley will helps him develop as a passer at some level.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Crap, I thought he was heading to UConn..........................................

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
All they need now is about 11 grad transfer defensive players to hop aboard :cool:

The heck with Big 12 Defense, I'd like to see 11 Defensive grad transfers come here. Heck Clay Matthews could join and I wouldn't mind...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I thought Lou Spanos was going to kidnap him to be the QB for us... I guess Lou didn't get my message...:)

Hurts would have definitely been an upgrade to your program. OU is the home of the last 2 Heisman Trophy winners. That may have influenced his decision a little.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom