Alabama (!!!!) Having Troule Filling Student Section | The Boneyard

Alabama (!!!!) Having Troule Filling Student Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
College FB may already be reaching the saturation point. As with many sports, the cost and time spent associated with a ticket means that the game day experience may lose out to the easy streaming access experience. There will be a lot of buyer's remorse amongst the conferences and their constituent schools within the next decade.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I've been highly critical of our student section "support" over the years so it's good to see this is happening at the pinnacle CFB program too. Although I'll still be mad on Saturday if the student sections aren't full to capacity (and the whole stadium for that matter) on Senior Day! Don't worry, I'm prepared to be mad.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I've been highly critical of our student section "support" over the years so it's good to see this is happening at the pinnacle CFB program too. Although I'll still be mad on Saturday if the student sections aren't full to capacity (and the whole stadium for that matter) on Senior Day! Don't worry, I'm prepared to be mad.
i'm a student and i hate our student section. most students don't go to the games to watch football, they go to socialize for 2 hours then they leave so they can get ready to go out that night

Dooley

Reaction Score
i'm a student and i hate our student section. most students don't go to the games to watch football, they go to socialize for 2 hours then they leave so they can get ready to go out that night

Thanks phillionaire. I always get so frustrated when I see the student section 1/3 full at kickoff and 1/4 full in the 4th quarter, no matter what the score. But I also get frustrated when those same trends are replicated throughout the stadium.

Tell me, how do the bus shuttle services work? Is it possible to catch early busses from campus to the Rent? When do the last busses leave? I've always said that no busses should leave the stadium until after the game is over to try to encourage the students to stay in the stadium until the end. But I have no idea if that is what currently happens and the students still leave to go back out to tailgate or not. It's embarrassing that the lifeblood of a college venue is a ghost town and visiting teams can elect to go into that end of the stadium in the event of an OT coin toss without worrying about noise.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you held busses until after games you'd actually get fewer students to come.

Dooley

Reaction Score
If you held busses until after games you'd actually get fewer students to come.

I don't know what to do about them. Maybe offer them free beer and then lock the gates behind them once everyone is in in the 2nd quarter?? Probably a fire hazard but who cares? We need a win tomorrow!!!

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Thanks phillionaire. I always get so frustrated when I see the student section 1/3 full at kickoff and 1/4 full in the 4th quarter, no matter what the score. But I also get frustrated when those same trends are replicated throughout the stadium.

Tell me, how do the bus shuttle services work? Is it possible to catch early busses from campus to the Rent? When do the last busses leave? I've always said that no busses should leave the stadium until after the game is over to try to encourage the students to stay in the stadium until the end. But I have no idea if that is what currently happens and the students still leave to go back out to tailgate or not. It's embarrassing that the lifeblood of a college venue is a ghost town and visiting teams can elect to go into that end of the stadium in the event of an OT coin toss without worrying about noise.
i think student busses leave whenever they fill up, so if lots of students leave, they'll start leaving. i drive to the games so i can tailgate, but taking the busses there before i had my car really sucked, especially for noon games. they start leaving campus at like 9 am.

Reaction Score
College FB may already be reaching the saturation point. As with many sports, the cost and time spent associated with a ticket means that the game day experience may lose out to the easy streaming access experience. There will be a lot of buyer's remorse amongst the conferences and their constituent schools within the next decade.

To your point... too many "big games" boxing out the fans. Save money for Conference Championship or Bowl Game - not both?

chengelis 4:45pm via Twitter for iPhone
Stubhub has Big Ten champ game tix going for $20. Indy Star reports Nebraska returned 7200 of 15,000 tix. Wisc didn't indicate its number

Reaction Score
To your point... too many "big games" boxing out the fans. Save money for Conference Championship or Bowl Game - not both?

chengelis 4:45pm via Twitter for iPhone
Stubhub has Big Ten champ game tix going for $20. Indy Star reports Nebraska returned 7200 of 15,000 tix. Wisc didn't indicate its number

Nebraska is a long way from Indy. Doesnt surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom