OT: Alabama boosters pay off Saban's home | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Alabama boosters pay off Saban's home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So Geno is a "state employee" but isn't really paid by the State?

Reaction Score
So Geno is a "state employee" but isn't really paid by the State?
Yes. This isn't unusual, because those "state employees" are still entitled to the non-salary employment benefits like any other state employee. For example, health care, retirement, etc.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The organization is, as I noted above, the fund raising arm of University of Alabama Athletics.

I take a tax deduction each year for my annual Wildcat Club (UofA) donation (which includes my personal choice sport donations, as well as, seat license fees for football and softball, which portion is only partially deductible) and my donation to Rutgers Women's Basketball through the Rutgers University Foundation. I mean really, to be fair, is a donation to support college athletics all that charitable (OTH, remember everyone was discussing UConn's men's BB alum not donating to the new building in a recent thread)?

All in all, you raise an interesting point.
KBA... I am also a UA softball geek, fwiw. I wonder if there are others on the BY. Bear Down!

-BigBird

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
KBA... I am also a UA softball geek, fwiw. I wonder if there are others on the BY. Bear Down!

-BigBird
There are a few softball fans, not particularly UA that I know of. My wife and I have season tix to football, Women's Basketball (duh), Women's Volleyball and Softball. No donations required for Volleyball or Women's Basketball.

We don't make every game. We make almost all the football games, and between 1/3 and 1/2 of the other sports - we rarely make entire softball weekend series and (in the PAC 12 way of scheduling) usually no more than one of the two weekend paired home games in the indoor sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom