Al Amir Dawes | The Boneyard

Al Amir Dawes

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
Al-Amir Dawes tells Prep Circuit he has set official visits to Providence and Clemson

Interesting article discussing upcoming official visits. He already has two planned with Clemson and Providence but Uconn seems still very in play,

“I’m going to start by taking an official visit to Providence starting this Thursday,” said Dawes. “The week after that I’m going to take an official visit to Clemson. We haven’t locked up anything just yet with UConn, but they will get an official visit after Clemson.”

Al Amir's official visit with Clemson is set for sep 27-29 which would make his official visit sometime early october.. around the time he is planning on making his decision.

“If I were to pick a month, I would probably say the beginning or middle of October.”

Al-Amir Dawes, St. Patrick, Combo Guard

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Since I'm a "casual" recruiting follower, can someone lay out the pros and cons of Gaffney, Wong and Dawes? Especially in consideration of Bouknight being on board.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I think @UConnStats had a stat line a week or so ago that laid out differences pretty well

Reaction Score
Since I'm a "casual" recruiting follower, can someone lay out the pros and cons of Gaffney, Wong and Dawes? Especially in consideration of Bouknight being on board.
I think @UConnStats had a stat line a week or so ago that laid out differences pretty well
Wong vs Dawes vs Gaffney.png

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Al-Amir Dawes tells Prep Circuit he has set official visits to Providence and Clemson

Interesting article discussing upcoming official visits. He already has two planned with Clemson and Providence but Uconn seems still very in play,

“I’m going to start by taking an official visit to Providence starting this Thursday,” said Dawes. “The week after that I’m going to take an official visit to Clemson. We haven’t locked up anything just yet with UConn, but they will get an official visit after Clemson.”

Al Amir's official visit with Clemson is set for sep 27-29 which would make his official visit sometime early october.. around the time he is planning on making his decision.

“If I were to pick a month, I would probably say the beginning or middle of October.”

Al-Amir Dawes, St. Patrick, Combo Guard
I like the timing. Storrs in October is beautiful.

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
Am I the only one that feels all of our top targets in this 2019 class tend to have a naturally smooth jump shot?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Thoughts on a Clemson visit for a Newark Basketball player.
Support for the football team is out of this world, because there is nothing else there.
Basketball ranks third on the Clemson campus after football and baseball (and a few years ago soccer).
It is so far in the country it makes Storrs look cosmopolitan.
The culture shock for a fast paced northern fella will be a shock.
Maybe he'll like it. It will be an interesting visit for him.

In the pre Dabo Swinney years, I once asked a former Clemson football player turned local announcer why a hotshot athlete would pick Clemson over a Miami or FSU. He replied that Clemson has some of the best hunting and fishing around.

Reaction Score
The most recent pick for him that I see is foggy, not UConn.

If you click on the link it shows 60% lean towards UConn on the right side of the page.

Reaction Score
If we sign Gaffney up, do folks thing we'd commit to Dawes now if he wanted to come here? Or would he be someone who would stay on our list if we can't sign bigger players whom we would prefer down the road? I don't see us taking him this early (if we get Gaffney), but I don't have any inside knowledge.

pj

Reaction Score
If we sign Gaffney up, do folks thing we'd commit to Dawes now if he wanted to come here? Or would he be someone who would stay on our list if we can't sign bigger players whom we would prefer down the road? I don't see us taking him this early (if we get Gaffney), but I don't have any inside knowledge.

No, if we get Gaffney the focus turns to forwards and centers, Akok, Cockburn, Achiuwa, and the other candidates. You might take a top guard (Wong?), or a late bloomer or grad transfer guard next spring if a scholly is still available, but I don't think we'd dip down this fall to Dawes, who isn't a good shooter.

If Gaffney and Wong pass, then I think the PG scholly is there for Dawes to take, and hopefully he'd commit on his official visit.

Reaction Score
I don't think there is any chance we sign more than 1 PG.

Reaction Score
Thoughts on a Clemson visit for a Newark Basketball player.
Support for the football team is out of this world, because there is nothing else there.
Basketball ranks third on the Clemson campus after football and baseball (and a few years ago soccer).
It is so far in the country it makes Storrs look cosmopolitan.
The culture shock for a fast paced northern fella will be a shock.
Maybe he'll like it. It will be an interesting visit for him.

In the pre Dabo Swinney years, I once asked a former Clemson football player turned local announcer why a hotshot athlete would pick Clemson over a Miami or FSU. He replied that Clemson has some of the best hunting and fishing around.

Everything is right except Storrs makes Clemson seem like a big city, not the other way around.

Reaction Score
Honestly I don't love that we are getting Dawes crystal ball picks, I want Gaffney this weekend.
Unless I am missing something, those picks were from the beginning of August.
Yeah they're months old. They mean nothing.

There was also just a cloudy pick for Gaffney, which I also wouldn't read into because that writer has picked cloudy for like 20 recruits this week (no clue why hes even bothering making picks at all).

pj

Reaction Score
Yeah they're months old. They mean nothing.

There was also just a cloudy pick for Gaffney, which I also wouldn't read into because that writer has picked cloudy for like 20 recruits this week (no clue why hes even bothering making picks at all).

The site wants him to bring traffic through click-bait. If he doesn't have any clue, his foggy picks can still get dumb fans like us to talk about 247 and click to the site to see what's going on.

Probably a week ago he got a directive from the boss to draw some traffic or lose his gig. Making a foggy pick probably doesn't hurt his stats as much as making a wrong pick.

Reaction Score
Everything is right except Storrs makes Clemson seem like a big city, not the other way around.

I've been to Clemson twice in the last couple years and you're right. Pretty impressive to have that big football stadium in the middle of campus too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom