Akok on NBA plans | The Boneyard

Akok on NBA plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There was another quote where he said he might play this semester. Not what I thought I saw. Very confusing. Some Akok better then none I guess

Reaction Score
From the last part of the Courant article on the game:
The Huskies could be getting some help in the frontcourt, though not this season. Prized recruit Akok Akok announced on Twitter that he has committed to the school, but told reporters during the game that there is still a chance he could declare for the NBA draft. The 6-foot-9 forward plans to enroll for the spring semester and join the basketball team as a walk-on. He is expected to practice with the team, but would not suit up for the Huskies until next season.

I was happy to hear about his commitment yesterday but he may turn out to be too much of a drama queen if he keeps this up.

Reaction Score
My guess: if he plays this year it means he’s gone next year. He’s also just so skinny and raw. I think he’d be advised to go back to school. Good for him chasing that money tho, never against it

Reaction Score
You don't close the door on your ambitions until you have to. As reported, he trusts our coaching staff. If he should go pro, he'll go. If he shouldn't, he won't.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Wait if he's walking on to the team, can't he just play 2nd semester? And next year?
Or does that mean we have to kick a walk-on off the team this season?
I'm all for him sitting out the semester and developing, but if it doesn't affect the personnel on the team this season, then why not suit up?

Reaction Score
Seriously tho if the scouts say he has a chance then go for it. Make that money

Reaction Score
Wait if he's walking on to the team, can't he just play 2nd semester? And next year?
I'm all for him sitting out the semester and developing, but if it doesn't affect the personnel on the team this season, then why not suit up?

He could play this year. But he wont know the teams sets, and needs the weight room. Better for him to get in shape and work on skills for next year, probably.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm all for bettering ones self - that being said, it doesn't sound like this kid is getting the best counseling - no wonder he appears moody at times
No way is his body ready for any type of NBA play
At the same time, I think having someone whose heart isn't into playing college ball around the team could be hazardous for team psyche
Very confusing.................

Reaction Score
Lol....Yesterday this kid says he's playing at UConn next year, the next day he's still considering entering the draft.
He also said today he would be at Uconn next year. He said a lot of everything today.

Reaction Score
kids talk

i think playing him this season would be a waste. With Diallo potentiallycoming back, Cobb playing well and Carlton being solid, how many PT would he actually get??

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

No, you can have as many walk ons as you want.

Maybe because Hurly doesn't think he should, as he has not been here for the past 8 months.

Reaction Score
We all know he doesn’t have NBA talent. Not meant in a bad way. He has NBA potential tho. Hope it works for him but a year is well advised

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We all know he doesn’t have NBA talent. Not meant in a bad way. He has NBA potential tho. Hope it works for him but a year is well advised

His body is more of a problem than his talent right now. A thin tweener.

Reaction Score
He's a two year project. At least. If he can get paid, great - but reality is he's a dime a dozen right now. In two years - might have some standout ability.

Reaction Score
Someone really needs to smack this kid with the reality stick. He is not an elite NBA level talent. If he leaves for the NBA he will be a 2nd rounder and likely never heard from again. The road to the NBA is littered with guys like him who never made it. He needs to build his body and develop his skill for at least a year to have any hope of being even a first rounder. If he's not sure he wants to be in college next year he really should just stay home and workout in prep for the draft. Why waste your time coming here at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom