Akok Block | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok Block

Reaction Score
Yags tweet fall 2018 said he has measured at 6'9.5 with a 7'1 wingspan if I remember correctly. I remember pm'ing you about the post, I think. Wouldn't be surprised if he grew close to 6'11 with a 7'2 wingspan considering he re-classed up.
Always difficult to tell from pics but I don't see any way he's 6'11...
Screenshot_20191120-143342_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Always difficult to tell from pics but I don't see any way he's 6'11...
View attachment 48297

Yeah. College heights are all over the place. Seems like All 5 of those guys are basically between 6'8 and 6'10-ish. Ultimately it won't make much of a difference on the court. Length, strength, toughness, and athleticism are the differentiators when they're all that close.

Reaction Score
Yeah. College heights are all over the place. Seems like All 5 of those guys are basically between 6'8 and 6'10-ish. Ultimately it won't make much of a difference on the court. Length, strength, toughness, and athleticism are the differentiators when they're all that close.
Josh has a big wingspan as well as does Bouknight. Not sure what Jackson's is but it doesn't matter because he can jump as high as anyone in the country.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He’s a really good shot blocker but he would be even better if he used his left to block as well, right now he’s only using his right to block shots. He should be going up with the arm closest to the ball.
Despite what the evil nun in 3rd grade insisted on trying to do to me, it is at best very difficult and in most cases impossible, to teach someone to switch dominant hands or become ambidextrous, especially with movements that are primarily instinct and reaction driven.

Reaction Score
He’s a really good shot blocker but he would be even better if he used his left to block as well, right now he’s only using his right to block shots. He should be going up with the arm closest to the ball.

Not gonna call you a bad fan for thinking this, but you're kind of off base here. That's one of the details of the game coaches want to teach but it is sort of wrong. It is definitely true for closeouts, but a lot of the best defenders still aren't doing it. Comfort is a lot more important with shot-blocking than the 3-inch advantage they might get from shot-blocking closer to the defender.

I've had this conversation with some coaching buddies before... Emailed my guy these videos in the past. If you notice, the best shot blockers currently, and in NBA history almost exclusively use their dominant hand for shot-blocking. Someone like Gobert seems to get a lot more 2-hand and off-hand blocks than some others.

Tim Duncan 2013 2014 Blocks Video Mix
David Robinson Defensive Highlights Compilation
Hassan Whiteside Top 10 Blocks of 2016-2017 NBA Season
Anthony Davis's Best Blocks of the 2017-2018 NBA Regular Season

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It’s too bad we don’t have anyone who can throw a lob on this team because Akok and Wilson should be feasting on backdoor lobs. Both are athletic guys that aren’t drawing much defensive attention.

They tried the alley oop on the first offensive set. Pass was woefully inadequate.

Reaction Score
The florida game is up there as one of my favorites, UCONN v Villanova when we were both top 3 was another at gampel and of course the UCONN v Syracuse games with Thabeet battling that Syracuse center i just can't remember??!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom