Akok Akok update | The Boneyard

Akok Akok update

Reaction Score
Shot 41% from 3 on good numbers for PSA last season. Wow. I wouldn't have thought that with his wonky form...

Also looks like he's filling out rapidly. Good stuff.

This is the first time (I believe) we've seen this kind of characterization of his game and the lofty stats. We heard he's a very good player, but this article makes it sound as if he could be more important than Cockburn.

Pair him with Achiuwa, Gaffney and Bouknight and put Chief at center and we win at least two National Championships.

Reaction Score
This is the first time (I believe) we've seen this kind of characterization of his game and the lofty stats. We heard he's a very good player, but this article makes it sound as if he could be more important than Cockburn.

Pair him with Achiuwa, Gaffney and Bouknight and put Chief at center and we win at least two National Championships.

Chief is a point guard ONLY.

pj

Reaction Score

It will be hard to get Robert Parish out of retirement.

Reaction Score
Akok and teammate Demarr Langford, a Class of 2020 guard and the younger brother of Providence guard Makai Ashton-Langford, went to UConn on an unofficial visit to watch a practice on Thursday.
Good to see there isn’t any lingering bad blood between the Langford Family and UConn. Any idea if Hurley recruited MAL while at URI?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
“I honestly think he can be a pro,” Espinosa said, “and I never say that. I didn’t even say that about Hamidou [Diallo]. There aren’t many guys you can say their two biggest strengths are blocking shots and hitting 3s. That’s an NBA skill set right there.”

Reaction Score
We are the only school he has visited based on 247. Hurley offered him back in 2016. Long relationship here... I can’t see us not landing this stud.

C

Chief00

Akok Akok keeps getting better than I thought he would. His body is developing and Sal could take his body to a new level. I think Coach Hurley on him too more than ever although he saw his potential before Chief did. I think we have a really good shot.

Reaction Score
It seems like Sal is the first strength and conditioning coach that has earned the #ChiefCertified seal of approval in a long time.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It seems like Sale is the first strength and conditioning coach that has earned the #ChiefCertified seal of approval in a long time.

Ex NFL strength coach with a screw loose. If he doesn't cut it, no one does.

Reaction Score
Love the sample size - 78 for 191 on 3 pointers means 41% is a legitimate useful stat. (compared to a Tyler Polley who was able to show a good percent last year by hitting a small hot streak at the end that may, or may not, be indicative of what to expect)

Reaction Score
Love the sample size - 78 for 191 on 3 pointers means 41% is a legitimate useful stat. (compared to a Tyler Polley who was able to show a good percent last year by hitting a small hot streak at the end that may, or may not, be indicative of what to expect)

Or hopefully the small hot streak is more of what to expect and not the mason start? Again like you I don't know but man we need some shooters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom