Akok Akok (PF) In Play | The Boneyard

Akok Akok (PF) In Play

Reaction Score
For what it is worth 247 has him a strong Cuse lean with PC a distant second.

Reaction Score
Are we getting Akok this week?

Akok is coming out with a list of his top schools this week (per Amore)... everyone following his recruitment would be shocked if UConn was not on it.

If he is cutting his list it means he is closer to making his decision. Scheduling his OVs will be next, and UConn is pushing for a commitment by this Fall.

I think its b/w UConn and PC, and I think we get him. The commitment of Bouknight helps in the recruiting pitch for Akok, another Top 100 commit form either Wong or Gaffney would help some more.

Yes its nice to say to a recruit like Akok, "hey we are building a great recruiting class for 2019 and you are big piece of that" but that statement caries more weight if there are two Top 100 players already committed to the program.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
FWIW Beoheim visited him in Putnam last week. Watched him wednesday night at their night time workout and thursday morning at their 6AM workout. So the Cuse has been putting in the work recently as well. UConn, Cuse, and Providence seem to have emerged from the pack to land him though.

Reaction Score
For what it is worth 247 has him a strong Cuse lean with PC a distant second.

Yeah, confusing. This isn't the first time I've seen that he is a strong Syracuse lean and they have a bunch of CB's etc.. yet multiple people here think they're not even a factor and its between UConn and PCU. What gives?

pj

Reaction Score
Yeah, confusing. This isn't the first time I've seen that he is a strong Syracuse lean and they have a bunch of CB's etc.. yet multiple people here think they're not even a factor and its between UConn and PCU. What gives?

Look at the dates of the Cuse crystal ball predictions (Akok Akok's Crystal Ball Predictions): two from 4/28 and two from 6/6. Nothing since early June. Things change in recruiting. Hurley joined UConn at the end of March so those picks were 1 and 2.5 months into his tenure. He's been recruiting Akok heavily and making up ground.

Reaction Score
FWIW Beoheim visited him in Putnam last week. Watched him wednesday night at their night time workout and thursday morning at their 6AM workout. So the Cuse has been putting in the work recently as well. UConn, Cuse, and Providence seem to have emerged from the pack to land him though.
I’d add Maryland to that too. Turgeon saw him the other day. Should be a tough battle.

Cooley was there this morning too.

Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Wednesday's Leftovers: Dishing on Duke, UNC and plenty of prospects
Providence would love to add another member from the Rivals150 alongside four-star forward Greg Gantt, and Akok Akok could be a guy who would answer a lot of its questions in the 2019 class. However, there is a lot more time to go in his recruitment, as UConn, Pitt, Maryland, Georgetown and Syracuse are just a few that have invested a good amount of time in recruiting him. While it's difficult to forecast, I think Providence will miss on Akok.

Reaction Score
StorrsCentral.com - Akok Akok Hearing Most from UConn, Syracuse, Georgetown

“They are great coaches,” Akok said of Hurley and his staff. “They are young, and they are hungry. They are playing for a national championship and there’s nothing better than that.”
Hurley and assistant Tom Moore were in to watch Akok again as recently as Tuesday at Putnam Science Academy.
“Just talking to (Hurley), he’s a great coach,” Akok said. “He’s going to push you every day. He’s going to be with you.”

When pressed on who he might take official visits with, Akok said Georgetown and UConn but offered no timetable on his decision.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I thought Bill Paxton died.

Reaction Score
StorrsCentral.com - Akok Akok Hearing Most from UConn, Syracuse, Georgetown

“They are great coaches,” Akok said of Hurley and his staff. “They are young, and they are hungry. They are playing for a national championship and there’s nothing better than that.”
Hurley and assistant Tom Moore were in to watch Akok again as recently as Tuesday at Putnam Science Academy.
“Just talking to (Hurley), he’s a great coach,” Akok said. “He’s going to push you every day. He’s going to be with you.”

When pressed on who he might take official visits with, Akok said Georgetown and UConn but offered no timetable on his decision.
This is a crazy development.

Providence seems like they’ve fallen behind and may move onto Coulibaly.

But what may be even crazier is him mentioning taking OVs to UConn and Georgetown, but not Cuse or PC.

Hate to sound too eager, but that sounds VERY good for UConn. Be happy people.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Heard we are top 3 and possible 2nd. Staff is pushing hard
Behind who though? I thought prov but it doesn’t seem like it now...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Topping Akok’s list for what he is looking for from a college is the relationship with the head coach.

“It’s the most important thing,” he said. “You need a guy like that who is going to make you better every day, every time you step on the floor whether it’s in practice or the game's situations.”

:)

Reaction Score
Cooley and his whole staff was in for Akok this morning... don’t think they’re “moving on”
No not completely, but the kid in an interview yesterday basically said his top 3 doesn’t include them, and today Corey Evans also said he doubts he ends up there. I wouldn’t be thrilled to hear those things if I was a PC fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom