Akinjo is the real deal | The Boneyard

Akinjo is the real deal

Reaction Score
Instead of arguing about Enoch, some here should spend some time watching the guy we'll really miss the next few years. The guy who will make Ewing a good coach and save his job.

Watched some of the Georgetown game today and Akinjo won it for them. Great ball handler, confident, shooting 23 for 25 this year on FT's, and unfazed by the moment.

Hit a three at the buzzer to send the game into OT and then lead them in OT. Great ability to take it to the basket. Would likely have been the first guard off the bench for us this year or maybe even a starter. Fearless. Leader in the huddle. Mature for a true freshman.

Reaction Score
Instead of arguing about Enoch, some here should spend some time watching the guy we'll really miss the next few years. The guy who will make Ewing a good coach and save his job.

Watched some of the Georgetown game today and Akinjo won it for them. Great ball handler, confident, shooting 23 for 25 this year on FT's, and unfazed by the moment.

Hit a three at the buzzer to send the game into OT and then lead them in OT. Great ability to take it to the basket. Would likely have been the first guard off the bench for us this year or maybe even a starter. Fearless. Leader in the huddle. Mature for a true freshman.
I love this place. Saying the kid is the real deal after 3 games. Let’s see how he’s playing mid January.

Reaction Score

There is already a thread on him and we are all set at guard for the future, we are a disaster zone in the frontcourt at the moment, hopefully that changes soon.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He has already been "Next"ed.

Reaction Score
Akinijo is gonna be a good player, but long term, I will take Gaffney. Once Gaffney gets stronger, he is gonna be an NBA type player who can get to the rim, and he is already a plus shooter.
I've been telling everyone how good Gaffney is going to be, he's one of the most underrated recruits I can remember. Kid is going to be a stud.

Reaction Score
I also think Bouknight is really underrated because of the knee injury last year. He looks like a Top 50 recruit to me.
Agreed, really excited about the backourt. Now we need to fix the frontcourt.

Reaction Score
the same can be said of all the decommits and transfers
Not exactly, I'll always care what happens with Roscoe, Oriakhi, Enoch, Vance etc. because they suited up for us. I don't care what happens with Bynum, Prince Ali, Akinjo etc.

Reaction Score
just stop, seriously

we didn't land the kid, move on

same with all the other recruits we missed on.

Reaction Score
Omg... I pray to god for the day when he graduates an this BS is over. We gonna do this every game of these kids careers?

pj

Reaction Score
Akinjo we replaced with Tarin Smith this year and Gaffney next year. We can live with that. Wish the kid the best, he's a good player, but one player does not a team make.

Reaction Score
I'LL take Bren. Adams over AK any day. B A has a great moter, heart, shot, tough as nails and plays D like a demon. B A 6 4 190 will be a U Conn stud..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom