Aj'a Wilson post game quote USA W19 2013 | The Boneyard

Aj'a Wilson post game quote USA W19 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How important are veterans like Breanna Stewart and
Morgan Tuck to this team in a game like tonight?

"They are the backbone to this team. They are coming off
of a NCAA championship and they have great leadership.
They really help us out. I know they help me out
especially. Out on the court, me being a rookie and getting
a chance to play with them and feeding off of them, it’s
just a positive all the way around."

As far as her college choice goes, im sure aja is going to make the right decision for herself and her style of play, but this quote right here pretty much answers any questions or doubts she has as far as choosing Uconn goes.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
How important are veterans like Breanna Stewart and
Morgan Tuck to this team in a game like tonight?

"They are the backbone to this team. They are coming off
of a NCAA championship and they have great leadership.
They really help us out. I know they help me out
especially. Out on the court, me being a rookie and getting
a chance to play with them and feeding off of them, it’s
just a positive all the way around."

As far as her college choice goes, im sure aja is going to make the right decision for herself and her style of play, but this quote right here pretty much answers any questions or doubts she has as far as choosing Uconn goes.
Well- it is as encouraging as we can hope for! Having 3 phenomenal representatives on the team is as good as it gets!!! We'll have to wait and see! Aja is the final piece though.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nothing to add, except to say that there's a reason UCONN continues to land not only top level talent, but top level KIDS as well. When you have superstars like Mo, Morgan, and Bree out as ambassadors for UCONN, not only are they leaders, great players, but also kids that are super nice and the type of people other kids want to be around, play with, and be teammates of. I hope she can see the cavernous gap that differentiates a program like UCONN, vs. a program like SC, or any other school she considers...

Reaction Score
Nothing to add, except to say that there's a reason UCONN continues to land not only top level talent, but top level KIDS as well. When you have superstars like Mo, Morgan, and Bree out as ambassadors for UCONN, not only are they leaders, great players, but also kids that are super nice and the type of people other kids want to be around, play with, and be teammates of. I hope she can see the cavernous gap that differentiates a program like UCONN, vs. a program like SC, or any other school she considers...
Amen bro!

Reaction Score
Fingers and toes crossed!!! That's all we can hope for!!!

I'm going all the way!!!!!
4251.jpg

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I would love to see Uconn land A'ja. If it happens, Geno could potentially win as many as four NCs. A'Ja could join a team with KML, Stewie, Morgan, and MoJeff, plus the rest of a stellar 2014 recruiting class. It'd be almost unfair to the rest of WCBB, but it would be Geno's legacy. Retiring with 13 NCs is a real possibility.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Eric - while I too think Uconn is special, 'cavernous gap' might be a little strong! One of the reason I am such a fan of WCBB is that as far as I can see most of the players on most of the teams are really good people. Talent wise and system wise I do think Uconn is ahead of the game, but even the Evil Empire has produced a string of players that I truly admire headed by Kara and Catch.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Eric - while I too think Uconn is special, 'cavernous gap' might be a little strong! One of the reason I am such a fan of WCBB is that as far as I can see most of the players on most of the teams are really good people. Talent wise and system wise I do think Uconn is ahead of the game, but even the Evil Empire has produced a string of players that I truly admire headed by Kara and Catch.
UC - funny you said this- I agreed with everything Eric said except that last statement may have been a "bridge too far"- I am in Tulsa this week and ended up in the same hotel as the Indiana Fever b cause we lost power at my daughters. Spent entire morning with the entire team at breakfast and lobby before Shock game today. I had my Uconn hat and 89 win streak shirt.all these girls that we terrorized at U Conn couldn't have been nicer. And I met Tamika Catchings and got a few great pictures with her. She was great!!! And she was the star again defeating the Shock.

Reaction Score
I would love to see Uconn land A'ja. If it happens, Geno could potentially win as many as four NCs. A'Ja could join a team with KML, Stewie, Morgan, and MoJeff, plus the rest of a stellar 2014 recruiting class. It'd be almost unfair to the rest of WCBB, but it would be Geno's legacy. Retiring with 13 NCs is a real possibility.
A'ja could become the 5th player ever to win 4 NCs, right?

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
UC - funny you said this- I agreed with everything Eric said except that last statement may have been a "bridge too far"- I am in Tulsa this week and ended up in the same hotel as the Indiana Fever b cause we lost power at my daughters. Spent entire morning with the entire team at breakfast and lobby before Shock game today. I had my Uconn hat and 89 win streak shirt.all these girls that we terrorized at U Conn couldn't have been nicer. And I met Tamika Catchings and got a few great pictures with her. She was great!!! And she was the star again defeating the Shock.

I was able to meet Clarendon after Kelly's last game at Indiana on July 6th. I wanted to hate her because the Fever picked her over Kelly, but I couldn't. If you have twitter, you have to add Linn Dunn, that woman is a hoot.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I was able to meet Clarendon after Kelly's last game at Indiana on July 6th. I wanted to hate her because the Fever picked her over Kelly, but I couldn't. If you have twitter, you have to add Linn Dunn, that woman is a hoot.
Clarendon is a heck of a player!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
The future looks bright, but I hope we don't get too far ahead of ourselves.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I've never seen a camel suffering from Graves before. ;-)

Reaction Score
Everyone in the universe wants A'ja Wilson, but only one team will get her. It all depends on what she is looking for in a university and what her goals are. UCONN, as well as being the #1 women's basketball team in the country is also a top academic university. All we UCONN Fans can do is keep are fingers crossed and hope she choose's us.

Reaction Score
It is hard to be patient for this recruit's decision. We'll know one way or the other by October sometime.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
But can she get the quality of opponent at UCONN that she could at Baylor?
Is that irony or sarcasm? Sometimes it is hard to tell but you always have a good sense of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom