AJ Bramah - Transfer Forward | The Boneyard

AJ Bramah - Transfer Forward

Reaction Score
I think a guard that can fill it up should be the priority but this kid obviously looks good .

Reaction Score
I think a guard that can fill it up should be the priority but this kid obviously looks good .
what's wrong with a combo forward that can fill it up? 21 ppg is 21 ppg doesnt matter what position they play. we could start all three of aj, martin, and this guy

Reaction Score
He doesn’t shoot 3s and Sanogo doesn’t shoot 3s . I’m just not a big fan of clogging up the lane more when our guards already struggle enough .
fair enough. we don't want another whaley at PF next year

Reaction Score
He doesn’t shoot 3s
you werent kidding. he's only shot three 3s in 1.5 years and didn't make any. i'm guessing he must have a good midrange game to be averaging over 20 ppg though. that could still work i mean hurley has to be interested for a reason

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cole averaged over 20 in a dinky conference as well so doesn't always translate. Take it with a grain of salt.

Reaction Score
He’s 6’7” and plays guard yet he’s only attempted 3 shots from deep in 2 years at RMU. The NEC and Horizon leagues play a lot of small ball, not surprised he dominates but also curious
He's not a guard. Bramah played the power forward spot for Robert Morris last year and played between the 4 and 5 this year.

Bramah was on my radar last year during his first and only year at Robert Morris in the NEC. Never saw them play at Sacred Heart, but Bramah has been Robert Morris' best player both seasons.

Here, he'd be an energy 4/5 off the bench, depending if we're playing small or not. Despite his 6'7 frame, he's had some big rebounding games against good rebounding teams: 20 rebounds last year against an Anosike-led Sacred Heart (a team who played with two bigs last season), 16 rebounds against Toledo (which rostered 6'11 245 center Luke Knapke).

I wouldn't have super high expectations for him if he signed here, but he'd have some endearing moments with his exceptional motor, athleticism, rebounding ability and a passable handle, at times. He scores a lot in transition, using his athletic ability to get to the basket for high % shots and drawing fouls (5.0 ftm, 80%). For a team who can use more of a transition game to create offense, Bramah will help with that.

In summary, would be a nice one-year stopgap to replace Whaley if he doesn't return next season, just don't expect the rim protection Whaley provides.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have to get out of the transfer portal and build our own roster unless some stud is out there

Reaction Score
No thanks to any more mid-major transfers.
MaCio Teague, Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua, Adam Flagler, Mike Smith, Aaron Cook and those are just players from the top-3 ranked teams in the NCAA.

A grand total of zero programs avoid the transfer market so I guess us being the first and only is the missing ingredient we need?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like a strong/skilled finisher at the rim. Would be a nice add but we need shooting with at least one of the two scholarships we’ll have available

Reaction Score
He’s 6’7” and plays guard yet he’s only attempted 3 shots from deep in 2 years at RMU. The NEC and Horizon leagues play a lot of small ball, not surprised he dominates but also curious
He’s not a guard. He played the 5 for Robert Morris this year and 4 last year. He’s listed as a guard on SportsRef, but he’s not.

Seems like he has a lot of dexterity and quickness for a frontcourt player, which you would probably expect for an undersized guy. Not sure how well he’d translate to Big Wast competition though.

Last edited:

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
MaCio Teague, Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua, Adam Flagler, Mike Smith, Aaron Cook and those are just players from the top-3 ranked teams in the NCAA.

A grand total of zero programs avoid the transfer market so I guess us being the first and only is the missing ingredient we need?

Yes.

But really, our team can't shoot. I want DH to offer more knock down 3-pt shooters. Much greater basketball minds than mine are interested in this kid and think he can contribute here though, so that's good enough for me.

Reaction Score
Yes.

But really, our team can't shoot. I want DH to offer more knock down 3-pt shooters. Much greater basketball minds than mine are interested in this kid and think he can contribute here though, so that's good enough for me.
UConn is 261st in 2P% and 135th in 3P%

Reaction Score
He doesn’t shoot 3s and Sanogo doesn’t shoot 3s . I’m just not a big fan of clogging up the lane more when our guards already struggle enough .
Why not clog up the middle w 21ppg??
That's the kind of clogging I want

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom