OT: Air Fryers | The Boneyard

OT: Air Fryers

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Anyone out there like these? And why?

My wife just said we should get one. Deep down I don't see a need.

Reaction Score
If you’re used to frying with oil, say for a turkey and air fryer is a poor replacement.

The oil is messy and can be dangerous and I do get tired of lugging it to the cape on Thanksgiving to my folks place so they bought us an air fryer. We tried it once and told them they could keep it because we’d never use it. They agreed no bueno

They also agreed

Reaction Score
did you hear @Mano grew up with giant pillars on a big hill in a fancy suburb?

i have but bedroom pillars in a poor town
A stone’s throw from my parents house...

ISm2cp8vdre78m1000000000.jpg

And we weren’t even on the rich side of town.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Anyone out there like these? And why?

My wife just said we should get one. Deep down I don't see a need.

They're awesome.

I use mine most of all for (a) veggies like brussels sprouts and broccoli (quicker and crispier than in an oven) and (b) frozen stuff like fries (same comment).

For most things you want to roast or crisp in the oven, it's better. You can throw a chicken breast (breaded or unbreaded) and it will come out great.

It's not a replacement for a deep fryer. The point is to not use oil.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They're awesome.

I use mine most of all for (a) veggies like brussels sprouts and broccoli (quicker and crispier than in an oven) and (b) frozen stuff like fries (same comment).

For most things you want to roast or crisp in the oven, it's better. You can throw a chicken breast (breaded or unbreaded) and it will come out great.

It's not a replacement for a deep fryer. The point is to not use oil.

right it gets you like 70% of the way on something like chicken killing you only 1/3rd as fast.

Reaction Score
It's alright if you want to cut down on fat in your diet.

Not a replacement for real fried stuff. Easier than an oven.

I find one more fad kitchen implement i nthe pantry to be an eye sore. But I'm weird.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We have one. It cuts down on the oil and I’ve gotten pretty good at doing home made French fries and fried chicken which I otherwise need to avoid. We probably need to experiment more. Non sequitur, what we use more more is the electronic pressure cooker Instant Pot and it works great for almost everything. It isn’t limited to pressure cooking, but that’s it’s main purpose.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We had one. I got tired of having to fumble past it to get anything out of the cabinet, so I threw it away.

I don’t miss it.

Besides, rich people do not fry stuff with air. We use expensive oils and rely on our superior health care to get us though it.

You can do what you want, serf.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Okay, since I don't deep fry anyway we will not being getting an air fryer. Thanks to you who responded.

As for the whaler group...your posts did not make sense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom