Air Force officially staying in MWC | The Boneyard

Air Force officially staying in MWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i like nevada/fresno/wy. well let me say this better, for the situation were now in i like a 12 to 16 team fball conf where we can have a east-west division for regional purpose/travel etc. winner of each division goes to ship game for bcs bid.

ruty/uconn-usf/ucf-cincy/lville ... ecu/memphis/uab/smiss/tulane(your picks)
bosie/nev-sdsu/fresno-uh/smu... wy/utahst(if /byu never come which seems to be the deal)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind spending a year or two as a ten member conference before expansion. I like the idea of visting Texas once each year and traveling to Boise and SD on alternate years isn't that difficult.

Reaction Score
In the media, Marinatto said that he's like to expand to 14-16 teams. If we're now at 10, we'll need 6 more. Nevada & Fresno are no-brainers, as is Colorado State. Might as well add UNLV to placate Nevada, then we need two more. Pick 'em from Memphis, Temple, ECU, Tulsa, Utah State, or elevating 'Nova. Calhoun & Pitino are lobbying for Temple (as would Comcast). It's a conundrum & you can't please every one. The Big East's plight is like the continual expansion & contraction of CUSA in the last 2 decades. Who's & who's out?
This looks like a chemistry experiment gone awry & exploding in one's face. If an expansion to 16 is to occur, the Western schools must be let in for all sports to solve their issues on where to place their Olympics. The Papal States won't stand for much more of this. I smell a meltdown. I won't even go into how the Leprechauns fit into this.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If the picture on the future of the BCS situation was more clear (either knowing the BCS would continue to exist and that the NNBE autobid was safe, or that it was going away altogether) then I would think Army/Navy would be worth looking at again. Good East Coast road trips. However I think Army will want to stay independent and the league will hedge on needing a better football program to shore up the BCS side of things in case it stays the same or goes to plus one, and one of those two is the most likely outcome.

Reaction Score
They should add two more Western schools ASAP, but they won't. We are the Big East and we never complete the job at hand.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They should add two more Western schools ASAP, but they won't. We are the Big East and we never complete the job at hand.

I tend to agree. The BCS is secondary, but the next TV deal is front and center. I think we should have 12, and there is nothing wrong with 14 or 16. Everyone doesn't need to make the same, but if we are pitching NBC, we will need a lot of inventory.

I also think the Big East should go to Cuban and Jerry Jones and pitch them on a playoff. Just start one with whoever will join. If the mid-majors and Big East form a playoff, there is a good chance of peeling off one of the other majors, maybe two. I would start with the ACC and Big 12. If the BCS goes to a single game, the Orange Bowl becomes a lot less attractive, and the ACC and Big 12 schools, with a handful of exceptions, don't travel that well anyway.

The SEC would be the tipping point. If they joined a playoff system, the Big 10 and Pac 12 would be forced to join within 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom