Ain't These Two Just So Precious! | The Boneyard

Ain't These Two Just So Precious!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Spend 10 minutes wandering other threads, didn't see this. I'm over it. Duplication, sue me.

1551540854969.png

UConn women prepare for senior day, Rebecca Lobo’s number being retired

“You know, they say animals hunt in pairs,” coach Geno Auriemma said. “Most of the time if you look back at our greatest teams there was always at least a couple of them -- and most of the time at least two -- going all the way back through our national championship teams. ... Classes that had two really, really [good players]. You do find that when you have two players that complement each other really well, that are both committed to the same thing, and have a great relationship on and off the court, they grow together. Their careers have been so similar."

And to balance the stoic, all business Phee we have Lou's self-assessment:

“I think it’s something that shows you’ve been here, and you’ve done your part here. It’s something I’m pretty excited to be a part of," Samuelson said, adding there’s a chance she might get choked up. “I would say I’m an emotional person, so [crying] is a possibility."

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UConn seniors Napheesa Collier, Katie Lou Samuelson a special duo

1551541161641.png

Pretty darn remarkable really:

"Not only are Collier and Samuelson the only two classmates to eclipse the 2,000 point mark in program history, they're also the highest-scoring classmates.

Now on Saturday, they'll be honored on Senior Day and will go up in the Huskies of Honor together. It's only fitting.

"For me and Phee both to be up there, it's pretty amazing that we both came in and went through this together and get to see this together," Samuelson said.

"We've always been seen as that (pair), I think it's really good," Collier echoed. "You have someone to lean on, you can talk about stuff you wouldn't be able to talk about with the rest of the team."

"But whenever the coach started talking about Collier and Samuelson, he kept circling back to how they carry themselves off the court. It seemed like he was more proud of their development as people than anything they could do on the basketball court.

"They're able to interact with everybody on the team," Auriemma said. "They're great with people that they meet. Everybody that they meet falls in love with them because of the way they are with them. They're the kind of kids you want to bring home with you.

"They're just really good people. Individually and as a pair. They're just great individuals and great kids."

Reaction Score
Spend 10 minutes wondering other threads, didn't see this. I'm over it. Duplication, sue me.

View attachment 40385

“You know, they say animals hunt in pairs,” coach Geno Auriemma said. “Most of the time if you look back at our greatest teams there was always at least a couple of them -- and most of the time at least two -- going all the way back through our national championship teams. ... Classes that had two really, really [good players]. You do find that when you have two players that complement each other really well, that are both committed to the same thing, and have a great relationship on and off the court, they grow together. Their careers have been so similar.
I know we always miss our UConn women when they leave, but these two are especially special! They show why we UConn fans fall in love with our UConn women stars. Easily two of the most talented and best looking young ladies in Women’s basketball. They will be sorely missed!!!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I know we always miss our UConn women when they leave, but these two are especially special! They show why we UConn fans fall in love with our UConn women stars. Easily two of the most talented and best looking young ladies in Women’s basketball. They will be sorely missed!!!!!

Yes, but the pollination of the WNBA continues and these two, wherever they land, will make a rapid impact.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Spend 10 minutes wondering other threads, didn't see this. I'm over it. Duplication, sue me.

View attachment 40385

“You know, they say animals hunt in pairs,” coach Geno Auriemma said. “Most of the time if you look back at our greatest teams there was always at least a couple of them -- and most of the time at least two -- going all the way back through our national championship teams. ... Classes that had two really, really [good players]. You do find that when you have two players that complement each other really well, that are both committed to the same thing, and have a great relationship on and off the court, they grow together. Their careers have been so similar."

And to balance the stoic, all business Phee we have Lou's self-assessment:

“I think it’s something that shows you’ve been here, and you’ve done your part here. It’s something I’m pretty excited to be a part of," Samuelson said, adding there’s a chance she might get choked up. “I would say I’m an emotional person, so [crying] is a possibility."
What a wonderful photo. And I appreciate the clever lead to the article.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Why thanks @Golden Husky. OBTW daughter got a Golden puppy last fall and she's a real handful and a basket of fun Nova is her name-oh!
Well, if my math is right, your daughter's Golden puppy should be seven or eight months old now so the teething may have stopped. If she escaped with her iPhone and TV remote intact and at least one pair of still wearable slippers, she did okay. Photos always are welcomed.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, if my math is right, your daughter's Golden puppy should be seven or eight months old now so the teething may have stopped. If she escaped with her iPhone and TV remote intact and at least one pair of still wearable slippers, she did okay. Photos always are welcomed.

The $$ prescription glasses went down. Would buy a lot of shoes and remotes! When she wants to go for a walk, not a potty walk, a fun walk she takes things associated with that to the door, glasses apparently included.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom