Ainge on Kemba's season | The Boneyard

Ainge on Kemba's season

Reaction Score
Excerpt form a much longer article.

“I could see, even when he was here (in Boston) before the bubble started, which is why he was shut down a little bit and doing strength training and trying to prepare himself for the playoff run and the intensity of the playoff run, but he was definitely not himself,” said Ainge. “In fairness to Kemba, he doesn't want to say that. He doesn't say that to our coaches, he doesn't say that to you, the media, he doesn't say that to me. I haven't heard one excuse from him. But watching the games, even the games we won, even the games where he played well, I could tell he wasn't the same physically as he was in October, November, December. So we're going to try to get that Kemba back.”

Fortunately, it does not appear as though Walker will need surgery and the team expects to have a full offseason plan in place for him within the next week or two. Ainge can’t wait for Walker to get started on that journey back to full health, and he’s also looking forward to just being back in the presence of his charismatic point guard.

“He’s just great to be around,” said Ainge. “And that’s why I feel so bad. It’s his first time on this big of a stage and this huge of a stage and he gave everything that he had. He played well, but we know that he wasn’t himself. But he’s a terrific leader, and a terrific teammate, and an amazing person.”

Reaction Score
Link to an article with Ainge's post season comments on Kemba.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom