Aidan Igiehon | The Boneyard

Aidan Igiehon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Haven’t heard much regarding our chances with Igiehon, but I hope we offer Jalen Gaffney of Team Rio soon. He gets overshadowed by their stars, but has outscored all of them expect for Antoine, while putting up the best percentages on the team. Really like him.

C

Chief00

He said he chose to go to Lawrence in NYC because it would allow him to be closer to family... hopefully he has that same mentality when choosing a college. Irish-American coach from NYC area should help as well.

Very impressive and thoughtful young man. Chief likes the way he thinks and the potential is there to be physically dominant.

Reaction Score
Ok - Chief will give a little more information. Hurley has been on him since last year and I believe URI offered last summer. We are not late to the party.

Good info Chief. In that case not only are we NOT late to the party Mr Hurley now holds a better hand in trying to land him being in Storrs. Interesting player kind of reminds me of a Shonn Miller with a higher ceiling at this age. Unless of course he is 6'9 or so which it doesn't look that way.:eek:

pj

Reaction Score
Good info Chief. In that case not only are we NOT late to the party Mr Hurley now holds a better hand in trying to land him being in Storrs. Interesting player kind of reminds me of a Shonn Miller with a higher ceiling at this age. Unless of course he is 6'9 or so which it doesn't look that way.:eek:

247 claims he's 6'10": Aidan Igiehon, Lawrence Woodmere Academy, Center (BK)

But they may not be privy to mausurement.

Reaction Score
He said he chose to go to Lawrence in NYC because it would allow him to be closer to family... hopefully he has that same mentality when choosing a college. Irish-American coach from NYC area should help as well.
I have no idea how an "Irish American" coach is supposed to help us with him. It's not like Hurley grew up in Ireland.

Reaction Score
I have no idea how an "Irish American" coach is supposed to help us with him. It's not like Hurley grew up in Ireland.
It won’t help, and we are a long shot for Igiehon. Haven’t heard much buzz there whatsoever.

Reaction Score
It won’t help, and we are a long shot for Igiehon. Haven’t heard much buzz there whatsoever.
People don't realize that the concept of nationalities in Europe is bizzare. They think it's strange and offensive to call yourself "Irish" if you're not actually a citizen. The only people in Europe that care about generational ethnicity and nationalism are white nationalists...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
People don't realize that the concept of nationalities in Europe is bizzare. They think it's strange and offensive to call yourself "Irish" if you're not actually a citizen. The only people in Europe that care about generational ethnicity and nationalism are white nationalists...
not true... my friends travel to Europe often for business, sometimes for pleasure and they say Europeans are less tolerable, especially the French

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
not worried about losing this kid. there are others that we should lock up

Reaction Score

So basically their "football" fans....

Reaction Score
not true... my friends travel to Europe often for business, sometimes for pleasure and they say Europeans are less tolerable, especially the French
You're missing the point. Nationalities aren't a thing in Europe. Go tell someone from Ireland that you're Irish and they'll look at you confused

pj

Reaction Score
You're missing the point. Nationalities aren't a thing in Europe. Go tell someone from Ireland that you're Irish and they'll look at you confused

I guess what you are trying to say is that when a European hears you say that you are Irish, they assume you mean you are an Irish citizen, and are confused because they know you are a U.S. citizen; whereas in America when someone says they are Irish, they are referring to their Irish ancestry, i.e. their ethnicity, not their citizenship.

But that doesn't mean that "nationalities aren't a thing in Europe." They are very much a thing. That's why Europeans are concerned about you mis-stating your nationality. Nationality is less a thing in the U.S., which is why people are more interested in your ancestry than your citizenship.

Reaction Score
Potentially more athletic than Miller from the brief video. Listed at 6'10" which means he is probably 6'8" and a fraction. Smart kid and that never hurts.

Reaction Score
That's not true whatsoever
It's 100% true. It's a completely foreign concept to them that people born in America consider themselves Irish/italian/french/etc. I know a large number of people from Europe and you can also find this out on the internet if you cared.

Reaction Score
It's 100% true. It's a completely foreign concept to them that people born in America consider themselves Irish/italian/french/etc. I know a large number of people from Europe and you can also find this out on the internet if you cared.

So what about the millions of Americans with duel citizenship

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Couldn’t hurt...don’t know that it HELPS though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom