AHA Quarterfinals: UConn vs. Robert Morris | The Boneyard

AHA Quarterfinals: UConn vs. Robert Morris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The definition of a toss up series. The offense of Robert Morris vs. the defense of UConn. Robert Morris has been playing very good hockey since the January 1 going 13-5-2. The only two meetings of the season were split with UConn winning 5-1 and the next night Robert Morris winning 6-1. The biggest question is whether Robert Morris' starting goalie will be able to play after an injury last week. Cavanaugh is going with Nichols in goal.

Come out and support the team.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2014/03/13_atlantic_hockey_quarterfinal.php

http://www.uscho.com/atlantic-hocke...key-picks-march-14-16-playoffs-quarterfinals/

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was planning on going to Freitas tomorrow.....

Reaction Score
1. The power play is pathetic. It has to be one of the worst in the country.

2. There will be lots of losing the next three or four seasons. The team is multiple recruiting classes away from competing in Hockey East. Speed on the team is lacking greatly.

Reaction Score
1. The power play is pathetic. It has to be one of the worst in the country.

2. There will be lots of losing the next three or four seasons. The team is multiple recruiting classes away from competing in Hockey East. Speed on the team is lacking greatly.
We're #21 on the power play for the season. Just no luck scoring last night. I was not there, so I can't say much. Was at Yale @QU. QU slayed Yale, easily. Want to go to UConn for tonight.

Reaction Score
This game is back and forth currently tied at 2-2. Robert Morris lead 1-0..UCONN came back with 2 to go up 2-1...Robert Morris scored quickly to tie it at 2-2

Reaction Score
The power play is at 8% for the last month. Have no chance in playoffs with a percentage like that. The problem is there are no offensive playmakers on the roster. The roster drastically needs players who can consistently put the puck in the net.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Robert Morris up 3-2 with 1:40 left in the 2nd period

Reaction Score
The power play is at 9% for the last month. Have no chance in playoffs with a percentage like that. The problem is there are no offensive playmakers on the roster. The roster drastically needs players who can consistently put the puck in the net.
It will be interesting to see the recruits that Cav gets. I can see him offering kids immediate playing time to kids who otherwise would spend a PG yr at Prep school then a year in the USHL or 2 yrs in the USHL before arriving on campus. Mac what you mentioned about playmakers and overall team speed was definitely evident in the Sacred Heart game I went to which they won in OT.

Reaction Score
It is more noticeable when you compare it to ECAC games too. I went to a few Yale games this season and their home playoff series last weekend against Harvard. When you attend a Yale game one weekend and the next weekend a UConn game there is a significant difference. The speed Harvard has, who is tied in the Pairwise with UConn, compared with UConn is significant. It is just going to take a few seasons.

There is even a significant lack of offensive players even on the AHA level too. The leading points scorer for UConn, Billy Latta, is tied for 26th in the league and a senior. Not a good sign going into the best league in the country next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
3-2 Final...Robert Morris moves on...UCONN season is over. I thought Cav, Souza and Joe P did a good job with the team they inherited. The sheer vertical climb starts now. I think Cav is up for the task...he just needs the on-campus rink/facility sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
0-6 on the power play for the series. Finished the season going 4 for 49 on the power play. Cannot be successful in meaningful games with those numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom