After Virginia Set School Passing Record, Huskies Staff Has Work To Do | The Boneyard

After Virginia Set School Passing Record, Huskies Staff Has Work To Do

Reaction Score
I think I watched the first drive and I think I saw the same thing happened on a slot receiver out 12 yard out pattern. I've even written about it couple times now. Receiver wide open, nobody covering. QB hits him for about a 12 yard gain. later in the same drive, I think I saw the same thing happen, and I think it was 4th down, and the player left unmarked that time was the QB, who ran for a chunk play and got the first down.

Here, I read that the Head Coach and OC of the University of Va football program thought they saw the same thing, and simply adjusted their game plan to focus play calling on that aspect of our LB/DB communication of our defense and exploited the hell out of it all day long.

After the game and here, I read that the Edsall and Mendenhall both talked about the communication issues. It's almost like the actual talent level of the players, size speed, etc wasn't actually that important in the course of this offensive/defensive competition phasebetween the two programs based on the film correlated to the coaches explanations.

On the Boneyard, we don't have enough talent on the field to beat a pop warner team.

Strange.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Matthew, if you freeze your slow mo video of the play that you analyzed at 9 seconds (which in reality was bout 2 secs post snap real time) you'll see a defensive lineman seated on his on the field facing 90 degrees from the LOS and then rolling away to about 120 degrees from the LOS point of attack.

I'm not sure what that defensive line gap filling technique is called, but I think it might be wrong.

This is an important position and player to watch in the progress and success of the 2017, 3-3-5 defense.

very nice write up.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom