After Up And Down Debut At Syracuse, Marvin Washington Should Hope To Grow In Ways David Pindell Has | The Boneyard

After Up And Down Debut At Syracuse, Marvin Washington Should Hope To Grow In Ways David Pindell Has

Reaction Score
I wish they had gotten him a series or two against UCF and Boise after the games were out of reach. It's obvious that he needs to get stronger and hat the game is a little too fast for him right now but I love the arm.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
On the other side of it, past coaches have rushed QBs here and burned RSs when guys were nowhere close to ready. I'd rather take a slow-and-steady approach. New RS rule is wonderful for player development. Plus, Pindell is playing so well that you can't take him off the field (assuming he's healthy).

Yesterday's game probably couldn't have played out more perfectly for Washington's development. He made a fantastic mid-deep throw on the TD but made plenty of mistakes that show he still needs significant practice reps. Don't rush him like Boyle and let him build up some confidence for the offseason's S&C programs.

Reaction Score
I missed the competition to Buss. Was it a deep throw?

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I missed the competition to Buss. Was it a deep throw?

Yes it was. Down the middle. It was a bit under thrown but Buss was open enough to wait for it.

Reaction Score
Is there a chance Washington will be starting QB before the end of the 2018 season?

Reaction Score
Sure. If there is an injury. Really he should get some snaps if games are out of reach for game speed purposes.
You're always one play away from playing.

Reaction Score
I like that MW seems very comfortable in the pocket. He can run, but he usually doesn't unless every other option has been exhausted. With such a good receiving corp, I have to admit, it was more than a little exciting to see MW throw deep. In practice film last year, I remember seeing a few clips of him slinging it to Buss and they seemed to have great chemistry. I hope he gets in more so DP has a break and isn't taking such a beating every minute of every game. It certainly can keep things interesting and better prepare MW beyond this season.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
upload_2018-9-23_18-42-9.gif

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Sure. If there is an injury. Really he should get some snaps if games are out of reach for game speed purposes.

What's the new RS eligibility rule? Appearing in 3 or 4 games and you still can RS a kid?

If DP gets injured I'd almost rather throw anyone else out there besides Washington and try and save the 5th year down the line.

I know we have to start showing results today for recruiting, but I'd really like to hang on to the RD if at all possible .

Reaction Score
What's the new RS eligibility rule? Appearing in 3 or 4 games and you still can RS a kid?

If DP gets injured I'd almost rather throw anyone else out there besides Washington and try and save the 5th year down the line.

I know we have to start showing results today for recruiting, but I'd really like to hang on to the RD if at all possible .

Washington used his red shirt season last year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is there a chance Washington will be starting QB before the end of the 2018 season?

Sure. If Pindell gets hurt. Kind of a stupid question if you think about it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
On the other side of it, past coaches have rushed QBs here and burned RSs when guys were nowhere close to ready. I'd rather take a slow-and-steady approach. New RS rule is wonderful for player development. Plus, Pindell is playing so well that you can't take him off the field (assuming he's healthy).

Yesterday's game probably couldn't have played out more perfectly for Washington's development. He made a fantastic mid-deep throw on the TD but made plenty of mistakes that show he still needs significant practice reps. Don't rush him like Boyle and let him build up some confidence for the offseason's S&C programs.

Washington already used his redshirt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom