After Uncertain Times, The Big East Conference Is Thriving With Basketball-Focused League | The Boneyard

After Uncertain Times, The Big East Conference Is Thriving With Basketball-Focused League

Reaction Score

“The Big East’s television contract with Fox runs through the 2024-25 season, but the league is already thinking about their next deal, and having UConn in the fold should help its negotiating position.”

Reaction Score
The Big East has certainly been making all the right moves. They are quickly becoming the "SEC football" equivalent of college basketball. Adding us will only further fuel that. I'm thinking the Big East will probably try re-negotiating the Fox contract for next year when they add UConn. ESPN seems to be fading in relevancy and losing UConn is just a final kick in the nuts to the network that single handedly screwed UConn numerous times.

Reaction Score
The Big East has certainly been making all the right moves. They are quickly becoming the "SEC football" equivalent of college basketball. Adding us will only further fuel that. I'm thinking the Big East will probably try re-negotiating the Fox contract for next year when they add UConn. ESPN seems to be fading in relevancy and losing UConn is just a final kick in the nuts to the network that single handedly screwed UConn numerous times.

Although I am thrilled to see them in the rear view mirror, Mickey will survive our departure

Reaction Score
You would have thought that ESPN, with all the breaks they get from CT would have pushed for us to be included in CR. But instead they helped kick us to the curb. I wish someone ( Dom Amore) would investigate why we got screwed. Could be several reasons but I blame the lackadaisical attitude of school administrators more than anything.

Reaction Score
The Big East has certainly been making all the right moves. They are quickly becoming the "SEC football" equivalent of college basketball.

Which is roughly equivalent to being the tallest midget.

Reaction Score
I was with you until this part; “ ESPN seems to be fading in relevancy and losing UConn is a final kick in the nuts...”.
Much as I’d love to see it happen, ESPN ain’t going anywhere, no matter how thick the Huskie-colored glasses we wear. That part.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Is it o.k. if I punch in the mouth the next real reporter who writes or says that UConn left the Big East to join the American?
Are you asking for Boneyard encoragement/permission/approval, or wondering about criminal and/or civil legal actions?

Or is this a COVID-19 question about touching somebody else's face?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is it o.k. if I punch in the mouth the next real reporter who writes or says that UConn left the Big East to join the American?
1583959467920.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom