After the NC,what to do. (ramblings) | The Boneyard

After the NC,what to do. (ramblings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Watching the pups makes my winter go bye quick. My favorite TV time. But, now what. I used to be huge baseball fan for years. Going to Yankee Stadium, and watching A-AAA baseball during my travels. Travel days are over. Cannot seem to engage in baseball anymore. Even watching golf is starting to get old. TV that is.
Only watch the NBA when playoffs start. I am getting to old I guess.

Reaction Score
Watching the pups makes my winter go bye quick. My favorite TV time. But, now what. I used to be huge baseball fan for years. Going to Yankee Stadium, and watching A-AAA baseball during my travels. Travel days are over. Cannot seem to engage in baseball anymore. Even watching golf is starting to get old. TV that is.

Really tough time of year. Yankee/Sox aren't even as fun as they used to be. Tiger not playing makes golf a little less enjoyable. NBA - to each their own, C's could make it somewhat interesting but 6 months of playoffs is painful, much like hockey (although this could be a decent chance for the Rangers).

Pretty much time to get ready for October practice and the Giants. LOL I agree

Reaction Score
After the college hoops season ends, it's basically radio silence on the sports scene for me until football starts again. Can't get into baseball anymore the way I used to but will try to get back into it again.

Will hit up the football Spring game next month and there's the Summer Olympics in Rio this year.

Reaction Score
summer olympics this year...but not until beginning of Aug. The tour de france used to be fun to watch in july(?) until the witch hunt for Lance (even if it turned out to be legitimate...everyone was doing it)

I can't stand the couple weeks where there is nothing on but little league world series. I don't have kids, but why the hell am I going to get excited watching someone elses kid???

Reaction Score
See if the GSW can eclipse the Bulls record, the NHL playoffs is always exciting, the NBA playoffs doesn't get exciting till the conference Finals, hopefully we all see a matchup of GSW vs SA. Watch Kemba in the playoffs his team has a good shot of getting past the first round maybe even the conference finals depending on their seed. Have the NFL draft to watch as well.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Check out a pizza place or two after finding out which beers are the best and then go to a good fried clam food place on a different day. That's what I plan on doing.

Reaction Score
For me it's:

Sept - Nov: College Football
Dec - March: College Basketball
April - October: MLS
August - September: Premier League (my team usually starts losing pretty quickly and I lose interest after that)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Be like other old-timers and start following horse racing. There's action available everyday. Everything you need is online, pretty much for free except for the money you bet. In fact, almost every site will match you dollar for dollar for your initial deposit. We're only a month away from the Kentucky Derby, that's a good place to hop on.

And you can follow a horse named Hankster. He just ran last Wednesday.

Reaction Score
For me it's coaching baseball until August, a family vacation, NFL, and back to Uconn in Oct. I fear for my sanity once the kids don't want to play baseball anymore.

Reaction Score
Arguably the greatest team in NBA history is playing basketball , I suggest you guys keep tabs on it.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Lots of good stuff this year as opposed to years like 2015.
-Warriors will keep the NBA interesting, especially into the playoffs.
-Olympics-always intriguing because it only happens every 4 years+ USA Basketball, Michael Phelps, Federer's quest for Singles gold. All good storylines.
-If you care in the slightest about soccer, this is a very eventful year- Leicester City is somehow about to win the Premier League out of nowhere, Euro championship and Copa America (hosted by the United States, which never happens) this Summer. Also, the USMNT are in severe danger of not making the next World Cup. They have qualifying games coming up soon.
-If the Red Sox or Yankees are not caught in a down year again, it will be interesting. Ortiz's last year+ ARod is still around. Hoping there's enough fuel for the rivalry.
-If Tiger Woods can become even semi-relevant again, it will make Golf very interesting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watch a lot less sports that I used to, primarily because I spend so much time on the field/court myself. I literally had a week off of coaching U10 rec basketball before the U10 (Minors) Rec Baseball draft. My assistant coaching duties for my son's travel baseball team started last week. My head coaching rile for his Minors team and my young son's T-ball team start this week. Plus, coaching the game is half the work. There's equipment orders, field assignments, postponements, and dealing with parental late sign-ups, special requests, and general PITA stuff. In between, I watch the Dance and then NHL playoffs. After the NHL is over, I take a break before picking-up watching the Yankees after the All-Star break, although I try to catch a Yanks v. Sox game at some point during the season and we often take a bunch of kids to the Boulder minor league team. Sprinkled in there, I catch the usual Saturday/Sunday morning Arsenal game and USMNT matches and try to make a Red Bulls game or two in.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
BTW - UConn has a football team. They have uniforms and everything.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If I'm invited again to Opening Day, then a bit of Mets til I get bored. Possible NBA Playoffs w/UConn players (read: Kemba) & at the semis Golden State vs. can anyone stop them? Lots of who cares, and more time here than anything else.

I keep thinking that it's time to bicycle more both in and out of New Haven. We'll see. And is this the year I try to get 4 year old twins are to throw & catch & hit beyond tee ball?

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Be like other old-timers and start following horse racing. There's action available everyday. Everything you need is online, pretty much for free except for the money you bet. In fact, almost every site will match you dollar for dollar for your initial deposit. We're only a month away from the Kentucky Derby, that's a good place to hop on.

And you can follow a horse named Hankster. He just ran last Wednesday.

Good idea however I raced and bred horses for 15 years. Did very well won a couple of stake races and came in 2nd or 3rd in others. Long story why I got out of it. Big hassle. Many don't know the "behind the scenes". But I still consider it good advice. It's a fun sport for fans.

Reaction Score
Kemba is having the best year of his career on a playoff team that depending on their seeding can win a couple of rounds and reach the ECF, but I know Kemba and the rest of the NBA doesn't matter as much to college fans since he is now being paid to play basketball.

Reaction Score
There's this place I remember, called OUTSIDE. I'm going to see if I can find it. My daughter is going to want to go to the beach (we have one in our neighborhood on a lake) and go out on the boat. I have 57 years worth of yard work to do before the neighbors show up at my door with pitchforks and torches. I'm getting some trout fishing in this spring. I'm going to find many ways to keep busy. Busier than I even want to be.

Reaction Score
World football = never an off season. Copa America is in the US this summer. Huge event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom