After May, there is no June | The Boneyard

After May, there is no June

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Great thread title. ;):D:D:D

I wonder if June picked her final day for the pun? ;)
If I were her, I would swear I did. Just too darn clever to pass up!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Here is the url for the inphamous phantom phlagrant phoul. Jan 30, 2002 (seems so long ago!!) and the phoul is at 3:10 of the second half.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe that was the point at which Sue and Dee looked at each other and said something like, "Ok, if that's the way it's going to be, we'll just win this despite that bull____."

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Here is the url for the inphamous phantom phlagrant phoul. Jan 30, 2002 (seems so long ago!!) and the phoul is at 3:10 of the second half.
Thanks Zman. For the interested but lazy crowd, here's the two minutes of interest. It was a big moment in that game. Listen to Meghan's last words on the pfowl. "Worse call I've ever seen. That's June Courteau for ya" :)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Interesting. I wonder if this will take Dee Kantner off the floor? I may be in the minority, but I'd miss her.
It will only if they offer her the coordinator's position and she accepts.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Over all, I liked June, although her calls could be "interesting" at times.

Wish her the best in her retirement.

Reaction Score

Thanks for that! (I had to watch the rest of the game to make sure we won)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
It was a near thing. I was in the crowd, going nutso!! Neither the UConn players nor the refs seemed able to get much right.

Reaction Score
Because you did, I watched that game again. I was totally impressed by the superb multiple passing the UConn team did. They also heaved the ball up court (on target) unlike OU who dribbled it up court. Passing is quicker.
Also, as you indicated (my memory said this happened at the very end, it didn't. DT backing down and got Dales to foul out. Uconn was up 11/12 points. No nail biter, but I did. Fun game 17 years later. Sue was just amazing, as was Swin, Asjhia(sp),Tamika, and DT. Saw J.Moore get minute, I think Battle ( feels too early) got minutes too. So at least 7 made it into that NC game. Sheri, hugged each Uconn kid and Geno: that still warms my heart. \ Then I watched the 2000 game, in which Sveta broke up a set play and the game was lost. (that may or may not have lost it, but gave Geno 10 minutes to talk about it)

Reaction Score
The Big East Tourney was held at Browne at Rutgers. I sat in a VA section, not by design, and asked them what a Hokie is. Few had an explanation. Digging, apparently in the late 1800 or early 1900's a turkey was their mascot and through some convoluted evolution--a hokie was adopted. Their "Russian" was gooood.

Reaction Score
Thanks Zman. For the interested but lazy crowd, here's the two minutes of interest. It was a big moment in that game. Listen to Meghan's last words on the pfowl. "Worse call I've ever seen. That's June Courteau for ya" :)

Even Bob Picozzi said it was terrible.

And in Meg’s interview with Geno after the game, I can’t remember him ever speaking that fast...

Thanks for those trips down memory lane!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom