African American head coaches with a title | The Boneyard

African American head coaches with a title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I got John Thompson, Nolan Richardson, Tubby Smith and Kevin Ollie. All have one NCAA title. Right?

If he wins another title (which I'm counting on) it would make him the undisputed, most successful African American college head coach in history and should make him a lock for the Hall of Fame. KO is already in some pretty select company but it almost never gets mentioned not even as a footnote.

Yes, I am aware we didn't make the NCAA this year. But I'm thinking about KO's entire tenure and rarely remember a peep.

Reaction Score
I got John Thompson, Nolan Richardson, Tubby Smith and Kevin Ollie. All have one NCAA title. Right?

If he wins another title (which I'm counting on) it would make him the undisputed, most successful African American college head coach in history and should make him a lock for the Hall of Fame. KO is already in some pretty select company but it almost never gets mentioned not even as a footnote.

Yes, I am aware we didn't make the NCAA this year. But I'm thinking about KO's entire tenure and rarely remember a peep.

You're on drugs. Before the season, he was named the #10 coach in the country by ESPN. Also, Ollie easily has the weakest resume out of that group.

Reaction Score
he's a lock for the HoF already.. He played more than 10 seasons in the NBA... Has two NCAA Titles, one as an assistant the other as HC... Plus he's well respected by basketball cirlces in the NBA and College ball...Nuff said...

Reaction Score
he's a lock for the HoF already.. He played more than 10 seasons in the NBA... Has two NCAA Titles, one as an assistant the other as HC... Plus he's well respected by basketball cirlces in the NBA and College ball...Nuff said...

WTF? You think Ollie is a lock for the HOF based on a career as an NBA journeyman, one title as a head coach, and one as an assistant? Have you ever looked at who is in the HOF?

Reaction Score
If KO does make it in who introduces him it has to be a HOF already inducted. It can be multiple guys I could see Calhoun, Larry Brown, that is assuming they are alive by then, seeing they are both in their 70s, for a current coach to be inducted they have to have coached 25 years I believe. Unless JC and Larry Brown live well into their 90s then, I think it would be Ray Allen former college and NBA teammate.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
WTF? You think Ollie is a lock for the HOF based on a career as an NBA journeyman, one title as a head coach, and one as an assistant? Have you ever looked at who is in the HOF?
He's a nice guy too. Don't forget that.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Boeheim has (officially) 860 wins and four Final Fours. C'mon, son.
Only cause the NCAA arbitrarily elected to stop at ten.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I was just out to dinner with Sean May and he said that they discussed this very topic in his African American studies class.

Reaction Score
We must all be bored as this decision is at least 10 years away.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Ahhh, of course KO is a lock for the HOF already after his one title. That must explain why he mailed it in this season... figures. #boneyardlogic

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky