AEH | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AEH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did I say it was a big deal? In fact my stance is that the shorts style "controversy" is just that: no big deal. But the sanctimonious tone of many of the complaints would suggest it's quite a huge deal.

The below comment you made sure sounds like it's a big deal to you if you are going to rip "old men." There is a complaint and you rip them. IMO way too harsh. Whatever.

" . . . basically devolve into a bunch of old men griping about how young women choose to wear their uniforms. . . "

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I’m not old or a man.

The fixation around here on how players wear their shorts is weird.

let it go GIF
Well, now that you bring it up, Elsa's dress is too tight. ;););)

Reaction Score
I've noticed that many teams now have uniforms of varying fitting shorts. That is not an issue with uniform rules and a good idea in my view. However once you select which fit you desire then wear it properly in my view. The school can decide what color visible undergarments can be and for some sports it is loose than for others. I guess if your coach doesn't care it is not a problem. To me it just looks dumb but that is just my opinion. YMMV.

Reaction Score
I’ve had this hypothesis for years now. Maybe for another thread. Michael Jordan was one of innovators of the very long shorts so he could disguise his moves. The defender couldn’t read his legs as well as with the shorter shorts. Of course the refs let him travel before that. Think Magic and Bird vs. Jordan.

Reaction Score
No matter how you call it, and it very well could be that AEH refused to listen to and to do what she was told to do by Geno OR it could be something in the middle or something totally different. Bottom line - They didn't see "Eye To Eye" and thus the "Divorce" (Remember it takes 2 to Tango and neither wanted to lead in "This Dance")
How many times did she switch high school teams. Now how many times did she switch college teams. AEH was the problem. She doesn't get the playing time she wants. It's time to find another school.

Reaction Score
To believe Geno, and I do, AEH repeatedly failed to do what she was told to do and she was invited to leave the program. Nothing to do with a personality conflict; all to do with behavior of a freshman acting immaturely (at best).

I wish AEH well. She was a kid, and still is. Coach Geno is a seasoned coach of unimpeachable greatness. Sometimes kids screw up. Sometimes even very talented kids get in their own way through immaturity. Good luck to her as she grows up.

Reaction Score
Too bad we don't know exactly what happened, although I can speculate.

I do not think it would have made any difference to our team if she had stayed. From what I saw after she left Uconn, she is a one dimensional player and a high volume shooter with a relatively low shooting rate. She doesn't help much elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I think this is over analyzed. I believe AEH left because she was getting very few minutes. I believe she got only a few minutes because the other players were more talented than her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think this is over analyzed. I believe AEH left because she was getting very few minutes. I believe she got only a few minutes because the other players were more talented than her.
:eek:Except both Geno and AEH have stated that her leaving had nothing to do with "playing time" or "unhappiness" with being at UCONN.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She did not leave of her own volition. She was asked to leave. That much is clear from what Geno said at the time. Any notion that she was unsatisfied and took the initiative to leave is flat out revisionist history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom