Advanced Stats for the Season | The Boneyard

Advanced Stats for the Season

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You'll notice a lot of UConn, Baylor, and Maryland in these rankings. UConn may have to go through each of the latter just to reach the title game thanks to the selection committee.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. Hard is what makes it great!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting stats, but I would be really curious to see where Baylor, Uconn, and Maryland all were at the end of December as a comparison. I do know that the Baylor MOV was around 46 and the Maryland one was about 36 before the Uconn game, because they both played really bad teams and I suspect they had built up really incredible offensive and defensive efficiency numbers against those teams. Uconn of course had the opposite experience playing the killer OOC and then easing through their conference schedule but came into that Maryland game with an MOV about 29.
So now Uconn leads in MOV 32.8, Baylor is second at 32.6 and Maryland is third at 25.4. So overall the SOS of the three teams balanced out somewhat but Uconn's was #2, Baylor was #27 and MD was #87 so it didn't balance out completely, and Uconn's MOV increased by 3 or 4 points while Baylor's dropped by about 14 and Maryland's dropped by 11 and I have to believe that would have shown in the efficiency numbers and had we all played an identical SOS the difference in the final numbers would be more significant.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
So overall the SOS of the three teams balanced out somewhat but Uconn's was #2, Baylor was #27 and MD was #87 so it didn't balance out completely

FWIW, Sagarin has the schedule strength as Baylor #7, UConn #32, Maryland #65.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
FWIW, Sagarin has the schedule strength as Baylor #7, UConn #32, Maryland #65.
Yeah, I know - I have no idea what has happened with his stuff this year but he has some really funky numbers. And I am talking about games with 100 point MOV type of weakasss stuff from both MD and Baylor. I trust Massey if we are going that route a lot more - he has Uconn #1, Baylor #8 and Maryland #43

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom