Adia Barnes talks about Sue Bird | The Boneyard

Adia Barnes talks about Sue Bird

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's amazing how you can find some of the greatest UConn-related material in rather unlikely places.

Arizona coach Adia Barnes, speaking with a local reporter about how she coaches her point guard, describes her former Seattle Storm teammate:

Barnes never played point guard, but understands the complexity of the position. She shared the court with Sue Bird, considered by many to be the greatest point guard in WNBA history.

Bird, a 10-time WNBA All-Star, two-time WNBA champion and four-time Olympic champion, plays for the Seattle Storm and is the WNBA career assists leader with 2,610. She can beat you with her shot, too: Bird averages 12.2 points per game over her career.

“Sue was a rookie when I played with her,” Barnes said. “She was great and made everything easy. She was steady, calm and a great teammate. She knew when to call a play for Lauren Jackson. She was so smart and never rushed or stressed. And she made the big shots to win the game, even if she didn’t shoot all game. She isn’t flashy and is so efficient. As I’ve gotten older and watched her, I’ve realized even more how good she really is. The more I coach, I know that there is no one like her.”​

Here's the point: Players at basketball's most important position need specific skills

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Extensive video study of Sue Bird should be required for every PG.

If Bird does not have a have a summer camp exclusively for youths wanting or training to be point guards, she should. With a little help and organization, her camp, in time, could become as popular and sought after as Chuck Newell's BIG man's camp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky
Top Bottom