Addazio under investigation at Colorado St. | The Boneyard

Addazio under investigation at Colorado St.

Reaction Score
Did not see this before; but, Colorado St. has brought in Husch Blackwell, the same firm that just investigated Iowa football, to review both Covid-19 violations and nepotism within their football program by recently hired (and local CT guy) Steve Addazio. No idea what the truth is here; but a formal investigation can't look good. I know a lot of football 'guys' who are dead loyal to him while I know other people could not stand him because he was a football above and before everything and everyone else person.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just saying what if he is being wrongly accused? I imagine it would be difficult to defend yourself.

Reaction Score
He built a house near a friend of mine on Cape Cod in Dennis, bay side. Since the lot was a strange shape his inground pool is partially in the front yard. Needless the say that wasn't well received on the cul-de-sac.

Reaction Score
Wasn't he suppose to be Aaron Hernandez's mentor at Florida?

Reaction Score
I read the article and its damning but mainly based on comments by two people: a disgruntled former star player with a steady downward trajectory to his career in the athletic department over twelve years and a mental health counselor whose comments about what coaches are paid make him appear to be envious.

And, a group of players, including many seniors issued a statement supportive of Addazio:
"After news of the Coloradoan's investigation was made known through the CSU athletic department's announcement, multiple members of the football team and coaching staff came out in support of Addazio.
Their statement, shared Saturday via Twitter, states in part: “the last number of days has created an unfair and unstable environment within our football team.”
It denies allegations of racism and verbal abuse by current football staff.
It also states: "The seniors and our football team unequivocally support our Coach and his staff. They have acted professionally, respectfully and are committed to fostering an inclusive and supportive football program."

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The guy is a terrible coach and a bad person. That much is obvious.

Reaction Score
The guy is a terrible coach and a bad person. That much is obvious.
You're completely wrong. I know the family very well and been to his daughter's wedding. He's a stand up guy and has morals. Knowing him I don't believe most of what's being reported and the fact that players who haven't even spent a full year under him are defending him says something.

I won't defend his coaching however. Him as a person I will

Reaction Score
I think he’s a 7-5 coach. Hindsight tells me he would have done pretty well at UCONN and better than who was hired. Timing was off. He did beat out Bob Diaco for the BC job.

zls44

Reaction Score
You're completely wrong. I know the family very well and been to his daughter's wedding. He's a stand up guy and has morals. Knowing him I don't believe most of what's being reported and the fact that players who haven't even spent a full year under him are defending him says something.

I won't defend his coaching however. Him as a person I will

That's nice, I'm sure his daughter's cool, but her dad's a knuckle-dragging moron.

Reaction Score
That's nice, I'm sure his daughter's cool, but her dad's a knuckle-dragging moron.
You constantly make comments such as the above. Would you care to back up your comment with actual substance?

Reaction Score
If UConn had hired Steve Addazio it would have had a better record, maybe winning seasons rather than being the doormat of college football. Randy Edsall may be able to turn UConn football around eventually but it sure is taking a long time, and now even longer with a canceled season.

zls44

Reaction Score
You constantly make comments such as the above. Would you care to back up your comment with actual substance?

Talk to anyone around the BC program with this guy. Or Florida.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom