Addazio Takes Shot at UConn & Expands on QB Situation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Addazio Takes Shot at UConn & Expands on QB Situation

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Slightly OT, We have open dates for 2021 and 2022.

UConn Huskies Football Schedules | Future Schedules.

Wonder how AD David Benedict will fill those dates. I like the idea of Maine or Stony Brook for 2021 (to fill the FCS bucket) and either Syracuse or Rutty for 2022, both of which programs have open slots in 2022. Or maybe AD David Benedict takes the visitor revenue for 2022 and play a top 10 team like Michigan or Penn State which have openings. Looks like ND has one more slot to fill in 2022 as well.

Reaction Score
Slightly OT, We have open dates for 2021 and 2022.

UConn Huskies Football Schedules | Future Schedules.

Wonder how AD David Benedict will fill those dates. I like the idea of Maine or Stony Brook for 2021 (to fill the FCS bucket) and either Syracuse or Rutty for 2022, both of which programs have open slots in 2022. Or maybe AD David Benedict takes the visitor revenue for 2022 and play a top 10 team like Michigan or Penn State which have openings. Looks like ND has one more slot to fill in 2022 as well.

Slightly OT?

Reaction Score
Really wish we could have had him as a coach post Randy Edsall. Program wouldn’t be in such a hole.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’d LOVE to get Penn St on the schedule. 2 for 1 3 for 1 5 and a bunch of WBB games for 1. Hell 2 for 0!

Reaction Score
I hate BC as much as everyone else on this forum, but I believe UConn will be over matched by BC's physicality on both the offense and defensive lines. I don't see any way UConn wins this game. Our defense will not be able to stop the running game of BC and won't be able to get off the field. It's going to be a long day for our Huskies at Fenway Park. BC wins 31-10.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Jesuit smesuit.

They could not compete with us on a level playing field. We know it. They know it.

Will we ever see a level playing field? Maybe not in my lifetime (I'm 55).

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Jesuit smesuit.

They could not compete with us on a level playing field. We know it. They know it.

Will we ever see a level playing field? Maybe not in my lifetime (I'm 55).

Agreed. If we were both members of a power conference for a sustained amount of time, we'd be a superior program. We've got better facilities, better funded athletic dept, better sports support/culture. The only thing BC has that we lack is 'tradition,' but I guess we have a little bit of that now when looking back to 08-11

Reaction Score
I hate BC as much as everyone else on this forum, but I believe UConn will be over matched by BC's physicality on both the offense and defensive lines. I don't see any way UConn wins this game. Our defense will not be able to stop the running game of BC and won't be able to get off the field. It's going to be a long day for our Huskies at Fenway Park. BC wins 31-10.

UConn's defense has struggled against high powered passing offenses: Memphis 9th in passing offense, UCF 10th, SMU 15th, Missouri 16th, ECU 18th. Our defense played best against balanced or more run oriented offenses: Temple, Tulsa, USF, and Virginia. BC has one of the lowest rated passing offenses, 114th.

I'm not saying that UConn will win, but it seems like we won't get picked apart by passing this week which should help our defense.

Reaction Score
One point on Addazio. He was on a blazing hot seat this season and he is currently 5-5. If he beats UConn and Syracuse to finish 7-5, he will probably come back next season. If he loses to UConn or Syracuse, he will almost certainly be fired. I don't think he will be overlooking UConn.

Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm reading a post saying we can't stop their ground game. Please, please, run the ball down our throats. Because at least then you're not throwing the ball.

Any team that wants to beat us on the ground gives us a much better chance for winning.

Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm reading a post saying we can't stop their ground game. Please, please, run the ball down our throats. Because at least then you're not throwing the ball.

Any team that wants to beat us on the ground gives us a much better chance for winning.
Exactly! I keep using the Tulsa game as an example. They played much much better in the 4th quarter against us when they started throwing the ball. Tulsa was supposed to rush for 300 yards that game on us...

Reaction Score
WHAT modern FBS program has ONE (1) Black Assistant Coach (WR) in the long list of Grad Assistants.

JULIAN CAMPENNI
TITLE Graduate Assistant Coach/Offense
• Julian Campenni begins his first season on the Boston College football staff as a graduate assistant coach with the offense. Campenni was the defensive line coach at Wyoming Area High School last season and helped guide the squad to a 9-3 record and conference championship.
• Campenni was a four-year letterwinner at Connecticut and was a 2015 captain for the Huskies. He earned a mini-camp invitation from the Indianapolis Colts in 2016.
• Campenni was named Second Team All-American Athletic Conference as a senior. He played in 47 games over four seasons with 38 starts.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
WRONG. We took our home game to Fenway Park, got $1.1 million and WE are the HOME TEAM ON THEIR TURF. All the accomodations give UCONN first priority. This is a no brainer. Beat them and we REALLY own those evil bastards.

Yes, we need the payday game, but in exchange for selling it we're gonna be outnumbered by fans of Father Lie-hee College, likely about 75 - 25 percent.

Reaction Score
No sense paying attention to what he said, other than maybe some bulletin board material for players, until we are able to compete with them. When that happens, the conference affiliations might become an issue.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Exactly. I'm not saying we dont offer the same players, but that we don't get the same caliber guys. Dillon, who flipped to BC, would never flip to a program like UConn. When we beat out BC for guys it's generally because they're our top guy at a position whereas BC has another more highly touted guy in front of him. Take McAfee for instance...held a BC and UConn offer, picks UConn...that's not because UConn is a more attractive program, its because he had a better shot at seeing the field

really? while they were taking on a Juco transfer and another QB in that same class? think your off base here.

Reaction Score
Yes, we need the payday game, but in exchange for selling it we're gonna be outnumbered by fans of Father Lie-hee College, likely about 75 - 25 percent.

If we were good, we'd have half the crowd. We're not good. If we were .500 or better, I would be there. But to drive 3 hours each way for this team, and not get home until 2:00 in the morning? Nope.

If we were at home, we still wouldn't have more than 20k UConn fans there.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Big words for a guy who is 29-32 at his current gig.

Would love to bring them down to 5-6 and then after Syracuse loses to Louisville, they beat BC and they both end up 5-7 and not bowl eligible.

Same record as us after we beat BC and Cincinnati.

Guy can dream, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom