ADB: UConn Officials See Big 12 Hopes Fading | The Boneyard

ADB: UConn Officials See Big 12 Hopes Fading

Status
Not open for further replies.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
.............and there it is..............................

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Please click the story to give them pageviews.... but here is the main point regarding moving forward.
While the Big 12 may still be UConn’s best shot at a Power 5 invite in the near future, the university has also contacted officials within the ACC and Big Ten. The Huskies will not beg for an invitation, but they have been asking explicitly what they must do to best position themselves if an opportunity arises in the future.

Over the past decade, the winds of conference realignment have shifted on a moment’s notice. As it stands, however, it appears UConn is ready to move on to the next option while the Big 12 stands pat.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Okay, time to push this board into hibernation until ADB provides another update. That was about as believable "inside scoop" from our own people as I have seen.

Reaction Score
I think we are all looking for the 1st life preserver to come our way. I was pleased to read that our officials have reached out to the B1G and ACC to see what we would have to do to best position ourselves (hopefully that is true). I think either of those would be better fits for us.

Reaction Score
As long as the Big 12 doesn't expand with AAC members then I don't really care and I'm ready to move on. Cincy, Memphis, UCF, USF can only hope for a Big 12 while we, potentially, still have a shot at the ACC or B1G.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
As long as the Big 12 doesn't expand with AAC members then I don't really care and I'm ready to move on. Cincy, Memphis, UCF, USF can only hope for a Big 12 while we, potentially, still have a shot at the ACC or B1G.
Exactly. I'm not upset since no other AAC teams were selected ahead of us. We have a very solid football schedule for this year some good OOC games scheduled for the future, and a stud coach. We have an outstanding men's hoops recruiting class and a stud coach. We have a the AAC Coach of the Year in baseball and a team that just won the AAC championship and went to the NCAA tourney. We have Geno and a woman's team so amazing that my limited vocabulary cannot adequately to describe them. We remain competitive in field hockey, soccer, and men's ice hockey. The state is investing in UCONN academic's and infrastructure. The incoming class of freshmen is the highest rated in history of the school. UCONN is going to dominate the AAC for a while then move into a P5 conference.

Reaction Score
I thought that the B12 was going to make a decision to wards the end of the summer.

I just cant keep anything here straight as far as who is telling the truth or just kidding, who is just looking for page views and clicks, who has a beef or an axe to grind etc.

Reaction Score
As long of no one else from G5 got selected instead of us, then its all back to square one. That being said, the Big 12 feels like another house of cards, but I'll still take the invite.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Clandestine meeting... LOL
image.jpeg

Reaction Score
I thought that the B12 was going to make a decision to wards the end of the summer.

I just cant keep anything here straight as far as who is telling the truth or just kidding, who is just looking for page views and clicks, who has a beef or an axe to grind etc.
The article mentions that the Big XII hopes to make an expansion decision by the end of the summer, but goes on to say that due to the apparent change in criteria (no TV network) UCONN does not feel confident in a pending invite.

Reaction Score
Move onto the next option, also known as nothing to see here.

Reaction Score
The article mentions that the Big XII hopes to make an expansion decision by the end of the summer, but goes on to say that due to the apparent change in criteria (no TV network) UCONN does not feel confident in a pending invite.
The one thing that separated UConn from other schools is no longer in play. Translation: UConn offers very little to the Big 12.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
While the Big 12 may still be UConn’s best shot at a Power 5 invite in the near future, the university has also contacted officials within the ACC and Big Ten. The Huskies will not beg for an invitation, but they have been asking explicitly what they must do to best position themselves if an opportunity arises in the future.

...sigh...

Reaction Score
The one thing that separated UConn from other schools is no longer in play. Translation: UConn offers very little to the Big 12.

Not necessarily. If (I said "if," "Whaler")UConn's hybrid #20 DMA and well-to-do demographic (drinkers that purchase expensive cars, vacations, financial services, beer and booze) made an attractive network partner, it might be just as attractive to TV guys that need to sell advertising.

Just a thought.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I mentioned this in another thread, but it is worth noting that the Big 12 said they didn't want UConn, Cincinnati or whoever at any price. It isn't like they offered us $5 million a year while they collected $25 million a year through the rest of the contract, they didn't offer us at all.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I was never excited at the thougbt of Big 12.

Just wanted to make that known.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I mentioned this in another thread, but it is worth noting that the Big 12 said they didn't want UConn, Cincinnati or whoever at any price. It isn't like they offered us $5 million a year while they collected $25 million a year through the rest of the contract, they didn't offer us at all.
Your ability to read between the lines is unique.

Reaction Score
Your ability to read between the lines is unique.
Nelson just earned only my second "ignore" in 5 years on the Boneyard.

Just a broken record going 'round and 'round and 'round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom