Adams | The Boneyard

Adams

Reaction Score
I may be drinking Kool Aid, but I see shades of Kemba and Bazz in his game, elements, not saying he plays the same way, but his game has been elevated. He's going to leave his mark on this program before he leaves. The kid has arrived, and just at the right time.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
a consistent three point jumper, high free throw percentage, and teammates that know the offense and can hit the open shot when he passes to them will lead to a great season for adams

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I would love for the offense to be fluid with constant ball movement and rotation but I also would love to see Adams post up the smaller defenders down on the block

Reaction Score
I would love for the offense to be fluid with constant ball movement and rotation but I also would love to see Adams post up the smaller defenders down on the block

Ball movement and rotation: great. We don't have screen and roll athletes currently. We need more motion no doubt

Adams posting up: there is nothing in his game that screams post up. Adams is the kind of kid you can iso by the three point line on the right wing and he will get you 2 points most of the time. He is THAT good going to his right (see games in the Maui tournament. He was unstoppable) . Certainly helps that he has freakishly long arms. He Just has only so much endurance so he can't do it 20x a game like a westbrook can.

He's not even that tall for a guard, really. He has a couple or a few inches on his shorter defenders at best. Also he's only 195ish. Not exactly deron williams.

Ive never seen him post up once in a game or highlight video.

Am I missing something? Maybe hes working on it over the Summer and I havent seen the posts?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is a mixtape that's legit!

By the way that hesitation move that he (and others) does, is that an 'acceptable' carry these days?

Reaction Score
The last hope for next season is Adams being a stud. It will make recruiting misses and transfers hurt a lot less and be a thing of the past. Hopefully a good season next year can result in recruits once again believing in UConn and making the defections and misses of the last several months a net equal/positive.

Reaction Score
I may be drinking Kool Aid, but I see shades of Kemba and Bazz in his game, elements, not saying he plays the same way, but his game has been elevated. He's going to leave his mark on this program before he leaves. The kid has arrived, and just at the right time.

I honestly believe he's talented (skills, athleticism, mentality) enough to leave as the GOAT husky. It takes more than talent obviously..but it's there.

Reaction Score
I think we all could be sleeping on Gilbert and Larrier too. Gilbert in particular. He was a McDsAA at one point, and shoulders can be easier to recover from than say, an ACL. Might just be a mental game with him.

If 2/4 of JA AG CV and TL live up to their potential, and the rest play defense and at least need to be guarded on offense, we may have a better season than expected.

If freshman play like freshman and injured players don't return strong, we may not have a very fun year at all

Reaction Score
I think we all could be sleeping on Gilbert and Larrier too. Gilbert in particular. He was a McDsAA at one point, and shoulders can be easier to recover from than say, an ACL. Might just be a mental game with him.

If 2/4 of JA AG CV and TL live up to their potential, and the rest play defense and at least need to be guarded on offense, we may have a better season than expected.

If freshman play like freshman and injured players don't return strong, we may not have a very fun year at all
I've said this multiple times. But the majority of this board is severely underestimating just how good rique is. I believe we are all fans here so I'd say you guys will be pleasantly surprised with how good rique actually is

Reaction Score
I've said this multiple times. But the majority of this board is severely underestimating just how good rique is. I believe we are all fans here so I'd say you guys will be pleasantly surprised with how good rique actually is

Agreed.

He plays much like boat imo but was BETTER in hs. And because of his height and injury history he's almost guaranteed to stay 4 years.

He is just an electric player to watch. Elite handle, creativity and hops. Actually more skilled than Adams because he's had to deal with physical limitations. I'm not sure about his shooting, but if his shoulder is healthy and he has confidence he has the potential to be a great finisher.

At his height, he must love working with ITs former coach.

Reaction Score
Agreed.

He plays much like boat imo but was BETTER in hs. And because of his height and injury history he's almost guaranteed to stay 4 years.

He is just an electric player to watch. Elite handle, creativity and hops. Actually more skilled than Adams because he's had to deal with physical limitations. I'm not sure about his shooting, but if his shoulder is healthy and he has confidence he has the potential to be a great finisher.

At his height, he must love working with ITs former coach.
I don't think people are underrating Rique as much as people want to keep expectations tempered for a guy coming off a missed season (or 2 seasons for TL). I think they're both gonna be great players but I expect some rust in the early season games. Unfortunately that's when the tough games also fall

Reaction Score

Anyone who doesn't know how good Alterique Gilbert is hasn't been following UConn basketball the last couple years and if they missed the first couple games of 2016-2017 season where he averaged double digits and was possibly our best player there's about 50 mixtapes of him on YouTube they can catch up on. No offense dude you're not saying anything profound with letting us know how good Gilbert is but I appreciate your passion for UConn hoops.

Reaction Score
Anyone who doesn't know how good Alterique Gilbert is hasn't been following UConn basketball the last couple years and if they missed the first couple games of 2016-2017 season where he averaged double digits and was possibly our best player there's about 50 mixtapes of him on YouTube they can catch up on. No offense dude you're not saying anything profound with letting us know how good Gilbert is but I appreciate your passion for UConn hoops.
No offense taken. I didnt claim to be stating anything "profound" but IMO posters tend to underrate him on this board. Just an observation. But at least we agree rique is very good

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom